General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

pull your plugs and see what they look like.

the link below has good pics on what warn plugs look like.

http://www.autolite.com/carcare/tech/PlugTips.pdf

Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 AM

yeah, ill have to pick up a plug socket for this bike, seems it takes a special socket to pull the plugz

Old 02-07-2007, 04:49 PM

wouldnt that green part you have colored in be the tanks vent? no way that should have a bolt plugging it off!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:37 PM

i didnt know for sure which is why i asked, ill have to pull the bolt and see..............on another note, i just found out that when he told me he had drained the gas when he parked it, he only drained it from the tank and not both tank and carbs, even so, i would think it would have at least tried to start when i sprayed starting fluid in it. now that ive had the bike indoors, if it sits overnight without being touched, when i try to start it for the first the next day, it tries at first then goes back to doing nothing unless i let it sit for a long time again

Old 02-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Am I seeing the fiche correctly? That greem marked hose goes to the petcock right?

Old 02-08-2007, 02:27 PM

hello......:-)

no, all hoses from petcock go down then back up

Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 AM

wOOt............let it sit for a day and a half, it started and ran for bout 10seconds.........lol...........enough to get me excited then shoot me down......:-(

i had to order a special size spark plug tool soo i havent been able to pull the plugs yet or anything.....:-(

still need 3 more pieces and ill have replaced the entire body on it.......lol......front fender,upper fairing, and fuel tank still needed.........check forum classifieds.....:-)

Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Had a buddy with a 95 ninja was doing the same thing. He put it away for the winter without putting fuel stabilizer in it. I dumped all his old fuel and changed his fuel filter. She started up and ran fine after that. Just my $.02

Old 02-17-2007, 10:02 PM

hey every1.....:-)

well that hose that i showed was plugged with a clamp and bolt.........well i pulled the bolt out and well..........gas came screaming out!!!!!......wtf i say....lol

now i ask you this, do gas tanks only have one gas OUTLET? if soo, then how did it run with this obvious gas outlet plugged off?

and if this the only OUTLET for the gas from the tank, then how the hell was it running last summer because as far as i know he hadnt touched it until i looked to buy it, and then he had taken the tank off and cleaned the plugs only.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:10 PM

ok, just learned that that plugged hose is the drain, soo i dbl checked the other hoses from the tank and petcock and all look right. soo can i just take those little screws out from the bottom of each carb bowl and drain them, or do the bowls need to come off?

as for any filter, i looked at that also and there are none that i can see in any of the fuel lines.....:-(

Quick Reply: Cold Blooded as all hell.......???