General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Default Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

hey every1.......:-)

my bike is cold blooded as hell, what are some causes that can make a bike cold blooded and hard to start?........ive had bikes that were somewhat cold blooded, but nothing that 5min of patience didnt cure, this thing is like living on ice.....lol.......any ideas or facts?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

The choke actually work on that 1993 Kawasaki Ninja ZX750L1?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

intake leaking would make it hard to start and keep running unless it you were revving the hell out of it.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 PM

not possitive about the choke, it doesnt seem to work worth a crap but the choke lever itself does move, as for an intake leak....no clue.......i pulled the bike into my kitchen yesterday but still wont start and the plugs foul out quick. i know the bike ran this past summer. its just been sitting for the past couple months. but i dont hammer on the throttle trying to start it and it tries to start, like gurgles alil then sits there and cranks, then gurgles abit more.......smells like its getting gas and it does try to start here and there.........but wont, the other day it started and ran for about 1 minute, i did notice the cali emmitions control **** is half missing, but he rode it all summer like that soo i dunno.......lol

Old 02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

have you had it running ? if you do, try shooting a little starting fluid around the base of the carbs. if it were a intake leak, that would tell you, and usually it wouldnt run in the lower rpm's and idle unless you had it tacked to like 4000 rpm's i think your issues are a little deeper tho.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:34 AM

hello again, im lookin to see if maybe when he had the tank off if maybe he didnt put everything back on correctly, old fan of bikebandit diagrams here..........the hose i have filled green on the diagram is plugged off with a clamp and bolt shoved in it.........is this a breather hose or what?

[IMG]local://upfiles/4214/2E24B8CEEDC444129DA644611D9DFCD5.jpg[/IMG]

and how can i check to see if the choke is actually working? the lever moves fine but cant tell a difference in activity

Old 02-06-2007, 05:48 AM

ok, the choke is actually wired up and turns the butterfly, im wondering if fuel is getting to the carbs, the bike did sit for over 2 months without start in cold weather, it was kept inside a garage, but an unheated garage none the less........like i said earlier, the bike ran all summer and was rode into its resting spot for the winter, then sat for 2+++ months, think maybe the petcock might have not handled the cold too well? or maybe the filter froze and when became thawed was damaged?.......this is becoming frustrating as hell due to the fact i know personally it ran all summer because the previous owner is a good friend and his GF is my landlord......lol......soo i remain baffled at this......:-(

Old 02-06-2007, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

+ 1 with Evil. spray some starting fluid in the intake if it fires and runs for a little bit then dies you know you have a fuel problem.

you may have to take the carb and fuel system apart and clean them. you may have got some dirt in there or the gas may have gone bad and started to varnish

Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

have you had it running ? if you do, try shooting a little starting fluid around the base of the carbs. if it were a intake leak, that would tell you, and usually it wouldnt run in the lower rpm's and idle unless you had it tacked to like 4000 rpm's i think your issues are a little deeper tho.
yup, try that. Another rule out in your troubleshooting.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:06 AM

well i sprayed some starting fuid both into the intake of the upper fairing, also lifted the tank up abit and sprayed over the carbs and nothing.....:-(

think maybe the plugs are shot?.....he did say the plugs tended to foul out quicker than they should

Quick Reply: Cold Blooded as all hell.......???