General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Bogs down badly when hits mid range, diaphragms chattering

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bogs down badly when hits mid range, diaphragms chattering

I recently completely reassembled my whole engine and everything seems fine accept for the fact that when I roll on the throttle the engine bogs down and if I roll more, the engine stalls. Even if I gradually roll on the throttle it still does it. The idle is nice and stable. I cleaned out all the idle and main jets and carb cleaned the carbs. I set my bowl floats to recomended settings. I emptied out my tank and added new gas. I removed the air box to watch the carbs while I gave it throttle, when The tac hit around 5000 it bogs and the diaphragm gates jump up and down a few millimeters, like a chattering effect and some fuel spits out of the needle that's connected to the diaphragm gates. do u think I have liquid on top the diaphragms during cleaning. I didn't submurge the carbs, just shot through the holes and removed all the jets and bowl floats. Or do u think it's a vacuum issue. I cleaned out all the Vac lines and checked for leaks and cracks. The diaphragm gates seem to move freely when I slide them up. I'm a bit lost from here.