General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Advice/help on upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Default Advice/help on upgrades

I have an 07 zx6r that I've been riding since april. I have left it stock and have been getting used to just riding the bike stock. I have the money now to fully mod the back with every aftermarket part. Im looking to do: steering stabilizer, full exhaust system, suspension, air filter, shift linkage, sprocket, chain, frame sliders, aftermarket pegs, power commander. Maybe some engine mods. I have a fender eliminator kit. Im looking for advice/help on which dependable companies that are known in the industry to go through. Top of the line is what I want. Looking to get the most performance possible out of the mods.All help is appreciated.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Advice/help on upgrades

vortex, sidewinder, did, rk, akropovic, muzzy, carrozzeria, K&N, [sm=shades.gif]

Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

That was quick evil....ha! anything else?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:49 AM

now which companies are for which parts?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stlgtozx6r

now which companies are for which parts?
and are you sure that you can ride??? In the know how, certain things are learned. some are given out. Your Q has me perplexed. As in no idea???

Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM
sam
1st Gear Member

fooler boxes are a waste of money. replace the ecu first.
________
Hotels in mexico

Last edited by sam; 04-14-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:41 PM

I asked u which companies were for which parts, simple question actually. Ive been active duty military so I havent had much time to read mags and be on the forum so forgive me for being ignorant on parts companies. I am now home and have free time so Im researching so I can build my bike correctly. I hope ur not perplexed anymore.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stlgtozx6r

I asked u which companies were for which parts, simple question actually. Ive been active duty military so I havent had much time to read mags and be on the forum so forgive me for being ignorant on parts companies. I am now home and have free time so Im researching so I can build my bike correctly. I hope ur not perplexed anymore.
right on, sorry for being perplexed. Glad that you are back home.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM
sam
1st Gear Member

forgive my attitude im just a mean spirited person.

Fooler boxes like dynojets "power comander" and others units are intercepter boxes.
they intercept the sigal from varyas sensors and then send a differing one form the box to the computer for the purpose of altering the cycles fuel curve, injector timing, ignition timing ect. such as you would need if you changed an exhaust system or pretty much anythign on a stock bike theses days.

they are very poor means of acomplishing the task. the problem still exist you just put a band aid on it. the boxs are less effective at higher rpms wich is when you need them more. spark scatter ocurs. the firing is less acurate and performance is reduced. and it sounds like crud as it starts missing. the best solution is usually a replacement ecu.
however suzukis can be reprogramed. even while riding, wiht one of factory pro tunings tools.
MOTEC makes nice ones.
personally i like the factory one for the zx10r as its simpler. factory ones usually are. muzzys used to make ecu's for a while.
keep in mind stock machine are all super lean. so changing your exhaust will make things worse if you dont richen it.

MUZZYS has history of racing kawasakis and is dedicated to making kawasakis go faster. and what i have on my bike. best street pipe imho
akropovic is currently involved in racing all cycles. the RACING pipes make more top end and have large dips at lower rpms like you use on the street. there loud.
Graves motor sports is for yamahas like MUZZYS is for kawasakis

i suggest soem reading as there is far to much information involved with new bikes. they are desighned differently than they used to be.
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Inj...745877-0883211
http://www.amazon.com/Sportbike-Perf...745877-0883211
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Tec...745877-0883211

if you start to change things and dont know what your doing you will make them a lot worse. the level of complexity,sofistication in engineering is not soemthing to take lightly.