General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

91zx 11 electrical problem :( need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Default 91zx 11 electrical problem :( need help!!!

My 91 zx-11 has some electrical problems, first things first i started it a couple months ago and it was all good, then i took the plastic off of it and painted it, put it back together and all of this started. first thing first, no neutral indicator, wheni put the right turn signal light on it all works fine, when i put the left one on, the rear flashes, the front one stays on solid, the neutral indicator flashes with the signal indicator on the gauges, and the oil light flashes with it as well. I need help!! im at my wits end with it.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 91zx 11 electrical problem :( need help!!!

Dam bro that sucks. You need to get the electrical diagram for the bike and start tracing the wiring until you get it right. Sorry I have no "just do this and it is fixed answer" but you have crossed something there and will have to trouble shoot it.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

i would have to say, if the plastics is all you took off.... then you might have pulled a wire, ground, or something else off..... i would put the plastics back on in the order you took it off.... check behind all the plastics to see if you might have pulled any wires.... i think it might be a ground some where....but if it's a bike that you bought used, then who knows what the previous owner did.... good luck bro.... and welcome to the forum....

Old 04-15-2006, 12:47 AM

well, ive eliminated all the bulbs, and all the sockets by unplugging them, ive unplugged the gauges and the front left still wont flash, so that eliminates that, ive checked for grounds that i may have knocked off, but didnt see anything, i checked that i didnt pinch anything with the plastics or tank, but re removed them again just to check, theres got to be a clue somewheres im missing lol, anyone have wireing diagram, my manual is home and my bike is here where im at now my parents an hour away, the only grounds i see are the main one to the engine case on top, and a small one just behind the handlebars under the tank. thanks for the quick response guys

Old 04-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

well. it sounds like you've through the whole bike... does the bike start? it might be a relay thats stuck....

Old 04-15-2006, 01:07 AM

yup bike starts and runs fine, when running though, the oil light is staying on, but theres no engine noises, and i honestly believe its just on becasue of the whole related issues, becase it flashes with signal light indicator, the only thing i can see they ahve in common is the groun ssytem, but can tfind anything for the life of me if anyone knows the ground points it would really help me out, thanks i thaught perhaps the signal flasher, but that wouldtn keep the neutral switch from lighting

Old 04-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

I was searching and found nothing for free. Al I can say is start from point A and work to Z with out jumping around. You will find it.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:47 AM

well i got the plastics back off, and im go ing at it again, thanks for the help guys, any more suggestions bring them on lol

Old 04-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

hey bro, good luck.....

Old 04-15-2006, 02:14 AM

thanks man, i need it!!!!

Quick Reply: 91zx 11 electrical problem :( need help!!!