General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1990 zx600c stalling out! flooding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Default 1990 zx600c stalling out! flooding?

I found a 1990 zx600c in a barn last year sitting deralict for 3 years. I was able to purchase it real cheap so Im trying not to spend to much on it(refuse to bring it to the stealership!). I replaced the battery and patched the fuel tank last year and was able to fire it up and ride it home. It ran well for the last few months of summer then I put it to sleep for the winter. When I pulled it outto get it ready for the season I noticedmy full tank of gas had all leaked out.The fuel tank was a rotten mess so I ordered a kreem kit and patched it all up. I spent a lot of timepreping the tank and I feel confidentit will be fine for years to come. When I got it all back together it ran but somthing was wrong it was bogging running roughand dieing. I found that one of the carbs was flooding so I stripped them off and cleaned them all out the best I could with carb cleaner. Everything looked to be working right so I put it back together yesterday. When I fired it up It ran better than it ever had so I went for a ride for about a mile or so everything seemed great. Later on that night I went to a friends house and when Itryed to leave it started warmedup butabout 3 min. after I started it it died! and wouldnt start again. It seemed flooded! But when I turned off the fuel and gave it full throttle while turning it over I still couldnt get it to start. I let it sit for about half an hour and it fired up again but it died about a1/2 mile from home. Please any input would be great I need to get this thing going the weather is beutiful!!!!