General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Where do you look for aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Where do you look for aftermarket parts?

As some of you know, I make a replacement part for Kawasaki and other brand bikes. I am tired of using ebay. I prefer forum references because it cuts out any "middleman" and keeps prices down. I do know it helps to have other ways to reach riders. I have tried to see what I can do with various forums, but it's always been pretty complicated even to get an answer.

What I'm wondering is how many riders here use Amazon for motorcycle aftermarket needs. I'm looking at that option because I have had a few ebay sales that didn't get completed and I still ended up charged for the sale by ebay. I wondered how many people use Amazon and if there are other suggestions. The goal is still to keep the cost down and affordable.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I've ordered parts from...

Amazon
Revzilla
JC Motors
Powersports Superstore
Cycle Gear
AJ USA
Powersports Plus

Never had any problems with any of them.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I have not used ebay or amazon to sell any parts. Maybe I am not as updated as you. I hit the track and do a show and tell, then it is by word of mouth. (I have to sell my track time to my wife somehow ya know! lmao)

Old 03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm actually trying to decide how to provide the part without jacking up cost. Currently I have a $3/part extra charge for ebay due to their fees and that still doesn't cover quite all of the fee. I'm considerng Amazon if it is more reasonable, but I don't know if riders go there to search.

The KLX riders on this forum have been big word of mouth promoters for me and it is appreciated. When riders come direct the pricing is lower than ebay and would be lower than Amazon, because the only fee I have then is PayPal and I don't add it on, I absorb it. If I could do it the way I wanted it would be all word of mouth forum based. The whole project came out of wanting to make a quality low priced option for riders and that is still presently the goal

I am always looking though. the USPS just raised their rates. It wasn't too bad for the U.S., only a 45 cent increase, but for the rest of the world deliveries it went up by $7! Still it's the best and least expensive way to ship. With over 1000 packages sent to 35 countries the only losses were ones to Estonia (probably due to english address, Russian might have gotten through) and to Namibia (lousy postal service there, they lose a lot of stuff according to the rider there). The USPS gets the package to customs, from there it is the other country.