General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Are We A Dying Breed

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Default Are We A Dying Breed

Are we a dying breed Tat is the question that we as KAW riders need to ask ourselves It all started 4 days ago when i went riding with my four friends as usual hitting the curves "Oh what a great feeling". Any way one of then said hey Rodger why are you riding a kawasaki there played out now its all about Suzuki, and Honda. When he said that it stunned me I had to ask myself whats wrong with a Kaw. There reply its a slow bike the stock 600's would blow it out the water but i resent that in recent years including this year on the track i blowed past a many people on the track with my 750 but anyways back to the subject i downed it while riding and took it to a small local dealer no it was not a kaw dealer again just a small i fix anything kind of person and while he was fixing it i stood outside and i swear every bik was a suzuki honda and yamaha i'm like where are the kaw and he to the mechanic working on the bike said that the kaw in general are played out what do you guys think I dont know bout u guys but i feel unique when i'm on my bike and its KAW GREEN FOREVER

Old 02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Default RE: Are We A Dying Breed

WOW i never really thought about it. I dont really care what is in/played out or what ever. I have owned 5 Kaws in my life and will always have one even if the other names are more popular. Maybe the reason u saw the other bikes at the shop and not Kaws is a good thing. LOL

Old 02-14-2006, 03:47 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

beats me, who cares as long as you like your kawi and it works for you. i ride with a few r6's and a few gixers one or 2 cbrs and all of them like the kawi. so mabey your buds took a big gulp of hater aid.

my buddy just bought a le r6 and is still kicking himself in the *** for not listening to me. we swapped bikes fpr a few miles and i wasnt impressed with the r6 but he couldnt shut up about my bike.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 AM

Same here... Besides, I'm getting sick of all the R6/R1's and GSXR's I see around, so it's nice to be riding something different. Besides, it's all about what floats your boat. What's out this week is in next week etc, etc... You're just ahead of the curve!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I think most people who buy the rx or the gsxr xxx buy them b/c thats what there neighbor or friend bought. Some people pick up motorcycle world or any of those mags and see that the (a fews years back) the gsxr, r6/1 had won't the shootouts so thats what people buy. The ninja until recently was a somewhat "comfortable" sport bike. wieghed more, easier ride, more upright seating. So on the track it couldn't win these shootouts. Now they've changed and I think thats starting to bring the green back to the market of uneducated, unrealistic people. Personally I've always wanted a ninja, mostly b/c in top gun, tom cruise had one when i was like 5 or something

Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

When I was looking to buy a bike, I knew I wanted a 500. I compared the Suzuki GS to the Ninja. Yeah the GS looked sportier but the Ninja was a superior machine. It is liquid cooled compared to air cooled, has the positive neutral finder, adjustable clutch and brake levers, etc. It even has more hp! So I guess if I wanted better looks, I would have gone with the GS, but in the end the Kaw won out and I'm proud to say I have a Kawi!

Around here, it seems the same, more zuki's, yami's and honda's than Kaws. I personally prefer having something different than what everyone else has. Makes you unique.

Once a Kawi girl, always a Kawi girl!