General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Spyder bait

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

hahaha that's a great cartoon and if everyone thought the same they would never have created a forum which is a place for open discussion in which opinions are likely a factor.
In that spirit I feel that the spyder is not all that great because it does not incorporate the motorcycle controls which make the experience.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ninjarunner06
hahaha that's a great cartoon and if everyone thought the same they would never have created a forum which is a place for open discussion in which opinions are likely a factor.
In that spirit I feel that the spyder is not all that great because it does not incorporate the motorcycle controls which make the experience.
couldn't agree more about the open forum I thought you might get a laugh out of the cartoons.
I'm puzzled about your statement about the controls, either you have never seen a spyder or I misinterpreted what you mean. The controls on the spyder are exactly like a motorcycle. The way you control the vehicle is pretty much the same except of course you cannot lean the vehicle into the turn.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, pretty much the controls are the same, but.. in his defense, Leaning is part of riding a motorcycle, hugging that turn, leaning tight, sometimes scraping the peg, the thrill is something else. Though I do have to say again. I enjoyed it. Can't knock it till u rock it!!

Old 11-17-2009, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by awsome636
It was a blast, a little different, no leaning, just turning. The brakes are controlled by the right foot, controls all three tires. Has like abs, scs, and god knows what. [F]unny feeling not having to use your right hand for brakes was kind of weird. Now they did make them in auto and man. [E]xecpt for it has reverse, hold the reverse switch with your left hand and hit reverse with your right hand.. little complicated. [T]he "E" brake by your left foot, have to engadge and disengadge, enough said on that.
Those are the different controls I was referring to. I might try it if I get a chance over the summer, but I don't know.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Name:  this_thread_is_worthless_without-1.gif
Views: 14
Size:  11.7 KB

Name:  party-1.gif
Views: 17
Size:  6.3 KB

Old 11-18-2009, 05:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej

Sorry deej your quite right

Heres the first one this sweet little girl was one of the officials running the show

This is me on the semi auto

a personalised spader with luggage, redback spider decals and a spider web design over a air exit.

close up of the web design and redback decal

some of the other BRP products

about to leave for the ride

Pillion rider

Old 11-18-2009, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I want one!