General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Scariest Moment

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Default RE: Scariest Moment

January 2, 2003[X(]......

Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 PM
1st Gear Member

At least you're here to tell us about it.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

That is not a PF factor! That is a crash! Looks like it hurt though.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

But you know the PF was at critical just before the crash!

Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, I have a few of those as well!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 AM

My son and I were riding together. I could see him in my mirror, we hit a couple decreasing radius turns. I was about 100yds. down the straight before I saw a big cloud of dust on the left side of the road. Thought he went down. By the time I stopped he was back on the right side of the road. That one still wakes me up at night.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

The first time I ever rode a Motorcycle I gave it to much gas and popped the clutch. That was not that bad the scary part is that I had a really loose grip on both the throttle and the clutch so the bike flung forward and I almost flew off the back of the bike. I would rate this as a PF 3.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Riding with a group in Northwestern Arkansas, I was at the back of the group (as usual[:@]) We were passing cars and moving at a good clip. Pretty twistie road that we were riding. As I pass this girl, she speeds up. We race to the next curve. Of course I won but I am doing 90 and we are coming up to a cliff FAST. I grab the front brake, push the rear, pucker my ***, grit my teeth, pray....And I made it

Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i guess i have been lucky, havent had any real clost calls yet. Riding over in New Jersey on trails that were sand, flying like 45-50 mph through these trails, and the guy who grew up there, jimmi, knows how to stop on a dime in the sand, me not so much, so it happend twice in one day, we are cruizing like 45 and he just stop right in the middle of the trial and i dont wanna hit him so i lock the back tire up and lay the bike down bike lands on my leg.... then about an hour later he did it again but the person in front of me was closer, so i lock it up again.. and all i see is this guys bike getting closer and im headed right for it, so i didnt wanna hit his bike so i layed it down again, but just clipped his left ankle, another member of this forum, it was our group ride in New Jersey. I was not happy, i got up and was yelling at the guy who stopped, the other PF part of that ride for me was a loooong straight trail that was almost as wide as a car and we were running wide open in 6th down it... on our bikes thats like 70mph, i can honestly say thats the fastest i have gone off road on a bike and man was it a rush.... i do it agin in a heartbeat, i was just hoping for no logs or big potholes...... scary but fun as hell!!!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif] Wet sand is the best to ride in BY FAR.. its like your on rails...... the first two PF-2 that last was just cool.

if that doesnt sound that crazy, you must not have ever ridden a dirt bike in sugar sand....... [:-]

Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I guess I'll add one in here that I had forgot about. At the beginning of this summer I was out on a road that leads up to good trails and fire roads, anyway as I came down toward the highway, a loaded 60 ft lumber semi turned off highway 101 and took out both lanes, luckily I had seen what he was doing and pulled to the side of the road. I was so mad that he took the corner like that I turned around and followed him to the mill and was going to tear into him, but I couldn't get into the yard because of another truck blocking, and besides I didn't really know what I was going to say anyway. But I have to say that even in this small town and maybe that the advantage, whenever I see a car at a cross street I always look at their face and eyes to make sure they see me, and in my mind I always have a backup plan as to where to go if they don't.