General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Scariest Moment

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Scariest Moment

being young and dum and full of itme and a buddie were out riding. this when i had my EX 500. he was on my honda 550four and the honda broke down a long ways from home. so i put him on the back of my 500 and we was hauling a$$ back to my house to grab my truck. going down a straight away i jumped out to pass a car and did notsee the other car coming the other direction and i was already next to his mirror when the other car came by. we had a half an inch on each side of the handle bars to spare. i thought we were dead but when we made it thru we started cheering and yelling like we just won the super bowl....lol what a rush.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

so far my scariest moment was crossing the 2 lane bridge (1 mile long 200' tall scenic bridge over patuxent river) as a storm was rolling in. the cross winds were so bad the bike and i were dodging back and forth about a foot each was as each gust hit. was exciting to say the least.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 PM

haveing a rear tire blow out at about 30mph the bike was all over the road it was definatly in intrusting experance and i had to stop and do the leg shake atfer that one

Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: dilysi

haveing a rear tire blow out at about 30mph the bike was all over the road it was definatly in intrusting experance and i had to stop and do the leg shake atfer that one
LOL I think all these are PF5 stories.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine was having a pickup swerve into my lane and comin straight at me , luckily there wasn't a vehicle in the righthand lane .

Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 AM

I guess the pucker factor or PF (squeeze you **** cheeks together) is pretty high on this thread.

I have been very, very lucky. I had (operativeword is had) a Bonneville AND LOVED THAT BIKE.[X(]
Mybiggest PFoccurredwhere two interstates merge, I-95 & I-4. Doing about 70 MPH. I seegray to the left of me, turn and look. A van is coming into my lane, I give it gas to try to get out of his way.He clips me everso slight in the rear and goes back into his lane and hits his brakes. Me? Mybike goes sideways anddown on a peg. As I was sliding down the interstate on my bike, the van is weaving back and forth. I could see his tiresgo back and forth too since I had a road side view with my face on ground. As I slid down the highway an LEOgives chase to make sure I was run over.I was lucky because the pegs absorbed the skid andthe bike did not flip. Anyway, after everythingsettled down, someone asked me if I was fine,I replied yes, then fainted [sm=signs007.gif], fainted.
That was one hell of a ride. Bike totaled, me minor abrasions and had to buynew riding gear and a new bike!
That was the biggest Pucker Factor (PF)!![sm=devilangel.gif]I was going to upload pic's but the sever is acting up!

[/align]

Old 07-27-2007, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

i think people should start rating their experience with a pucker factor of 1-10 --

10 being sliding between the wheels of a moving semi truck on broken glass in the rain with lightning striking the ground nearby.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I would give a PF of about 4 to my story. Nothing higher has happened to me.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM

GOOD IDEA
Minewas a PF 8...maybe a PF 9.PF 10 to me is ====> [sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 01:14 PM
1st Gear Member

mine was probably about a 1 or 2 - just a little more than someone starting to merg into me

Quick Reply: Scariest Moment