General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Roommate disaster!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:52 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Roommate disaster!

I bought my bike, had it trailered to my house, and took it around the block a couple times. I park my bike in the garage and leave in my car to run some errands. Thinking all would be ok, I left my key chillin in the bike (garage closed of course) and go about my business, only to get a call shortly after from my roommate saying he laid down my bike. I was in complete shock and didn't believe him at first, but he kept repeating it. I get home and he tells me he took the bike out down the street, came back home, and went to park the bike back in the garage and hopped off without putting the kickstand down...and what makes it worse is that it fell into some cabinets against the wall in the garage. It cracked the fiberglass to the left of the headlight, broke the arm on the right side that the windscreen mounts to, and broke a section of the windscreen off with it. Needless to say he ordered me new body parts and he messed up his wrist trying to catch the bike. What a hassle, I will never leave the keys in it again

Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Roommate disaster!

Holy crap man! I know the feeling of seeing your 'baby' busted up from someone else's stupidity.[:@] As long as the roommate is apologetic, and completely fixes your bike, don't stay mad at him for too long.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like its time to replace the room mate.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I did my best to stay zen about it all. He dropped it only hours after I got it, over a month ago, and I still have yet tocruise onit with all parts intact. He did just order the new parts a couple nights ago so they will be here soon. Ready for paint soon I hope. I'll get some pictures up of the damage if I can

Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Member

just another reason why i never leave my key in my bike in any situation. another good reason is if it had been stolen or damaged by someone who didn't fess up, the insurance could have denied your claims.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry about your bike man...whatever happened to common courtesy and respect for property? Even if the key was dangling in front of my face, Iwouldn't TOUCH someone else's bike, much less would I take it for a ride.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stone_sour09

just another reason why i never leave my key in my bike in any situation. another good reason is if it had been stolen or damaged by someone who didn't fess up, the insurance could have denied your claims.
yep - never ever ever leave your keys in any vehicle you own. and lock your house.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ouch! that sux man, [&:]

Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I would kill him right after I got all of my new parts. If you cant trust him around your personal property, he just needs to friggin die. This tells me that he would do the same with your women if the chance presents itself. I would just go berserk if anybody took my bike out without my permission. That dude needs to go!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

Quick Reply: Roommate disaster!