General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

rode a literbike today

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default rode a literbike today

So i rode my buddys 03 gsxr 1000 and its all modded up with the goodies like power commander, full exhaust. all the go fast goodies and more. at first i liked the bike the power of it and then after the fact all i said was this bike is going to get me in alot more trouble alot faster. it felt like way to much for the street and was glad to get back on my 636. any of you guys felt this way. i was thinking about a literbike but i like the middle class agility.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your oportunity to sample the litre ride. It does get better with time in the saddle, but you are so correct that a litre can lead to faster issues/problems in the wrong hands. I do like a litre for streets though because of the torque and rideability. Sounds like you are in your comfort zone, so congrats to that as well.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

lol, nothing is fast enough for me... after a month just about no matter what it is i still want it to go faster

so no... ive never felt that way

Old 09-23-2008, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

the bike just felt ridiculous to me in second gear at low rpms the front wheel wouldnt stay down. i didnt like having to feather the throttle.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM
1st Gear Member

for a daily rider my choice would be a liter bike, but for for hitting the twisties or track i am looking for a 600. gotta love that liter rollon though!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ya 1000's are diffinetly fast as hell..I have a 05' gsxr1000 and a 06' 636..And honestly i like riding the kawi alot more..it's just fun as hell and i feel way more in control on the 636..Ive done track day's with both bike's and the 636 is way easier to fly around on..but don't get me wrong, i love to get on that gixxer every now and then and feel the rush..you gotta have way more throttle control with a litre bike that's for sure! It just depends what kind of mood i'm in when i get ready to go ride.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with the Slaughter. Fast is just not fast enough. I will order a muzzy big bore kit for my ZX-14 this winter to go with the Nos system it already has. That will put it at around 300 HP and it still will not be fast enough, but it will be a little closer!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

the only thing that sucks about going back to the 636 is the roll on power difference. i use my 636 as a daily rider and the r1 for fun (and hopefully for the track.)

Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

eh. it depends on where ya live. around here in the pa/wv/md/va section of this country, it's almost just unneccessary to have anything bigger due to all the badass twisties around here.

i've been on some of the fastest bikes around here and as uber fun as they are, i murder them when it comes time to scrape pegs and knees. i love the feel of the big gixxer. comfortable and ample power.. rode a heavily modded 10-R but for city use it's WAY too damn much. 1st gear and 3/4 of a block put 86mph across the dash, and 120 mph power wheelies were rampant on I-81. tooooo much for a tiny town. too much for stupid ppl and retarded traffic around here.

love big powered bikes, but YES, they'll get ya in alot of trouble real fast.. lol

turbo busas (like a few that run 7's at the track here) may have 480hp or more, but what fun is it when ya can't (legally) use it!?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't/couldn't go backwards after having my 11,I still play with my klx but it's a motard now and definately going the big bore kit or going after a drz400sm just for play. I agree with the roll on power of the liter bikes,my zrx scares the hell out of me when it's wound around 9K rpm but i'm usually only playing hard in first second and third,forth and fifth would get me injured.hahahaa

Quick Reply: rode a literbike today