General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Oil drain plug.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Oil drain plug.

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

http://www.bizrate.com/buy/noncat_pr...266163486.html

No problem at all. Here is a link to some safety wire drain plugs. Not sure if they have the magnet tho' ....
Bam, your the man bro. Ordered and on the way. It is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks bro [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Dragone, the magnet was not really that important but the safety wire was. I used the picture as an example mostly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/D2D01A54D0A841C198F2FCFA9C0DBB72.jpg[/IMG]

Dam bro that is a great store as well. I have been looking for vale adjustment tools, they got them. Lots of other cool stuff too. My wife is going to hate you. lol

Old 03-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

You can always buy a magnetic plug and drill so you can safety wire it yourself.

http://bernardembden.com/xjs/plugwire/index.htm

That's what this guy did...??? Could not find a drain plug safety wired and magnetic. Worth a try tho
The other one was perfect for me. You are a search God though [sm=hail.gif]

Old 03-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Cool, glad that you are getting what ya want. Yo the man BigRig!

Old 03-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ha Ha Ha. Lotsa time on my hands. Ya, my wife hates all the stuff that shows up at our house!! I'm glad one of them worked. I was thinking about the same thing myself. I blue lock tighted mine. Just strong enough to hold, but easy enough to get off. I wasn't sure if the safety wire would look okay or not. Ya, looks are important to me. It is kinda hidden. When you get yours installed, can you post a pic of it?? Thanx...

Old 03-07-2006, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Yea pictures soon. This is for my track bike and it’s always good to wire your stuff for safety loose of time if there is an accidental leak. Last track day we were down for 1.5 hours because some guy lost his plug.
I lost a oil filler cap that I did not wire and was lucky must have happened in the last lap so no oil on the track. Lots on my boot and shin though and I did not have spare so I missed the last session, not bad though I as tired.
Thanks again.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Yea pictures soon. This is for my track bike and it’s always good to wire your stuff for safety loose of time if there is an accidental leak. Last track day we were down for 1.5 hours because some guy lost his plug.
I lost a oil filler cap that I did not wire and was lucky must have happened in the last lap so no oil on the track. Lots on my boot and shin though and I did not have spare so I missed the last session, not bad though I as tired.
Thanks again.
Very true. If it's good enough for the track, then it's good enough for the road, too!! The oil filler cap. I would not have thought of that coming off !! I always thought most tracks required safety wired drain plugs, and and axle bolts. You are welcome

Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

I believe all tracks do when your racing, but the company Fastrackriders does not reqire it. Probably 1/2 to 2/3 of the bikes are right off the street and have none of the safety stuff that the racers require.
As far as the oil filler cap I was surprised as well, when I got off her I noticed oil dripping from the back of the lower and thought hell she died. Then I noticed all the oil on by boot and leathers, lucky I did not f-up the track like the other guy and spoil the end of the day for everyone. I saw the oil in about four corners and it trailed all the way down pit road and into the garage.
Hell of a fun time.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Dam got this email from the place I bought the oil drain plug "The plug was discontinued and will be removed from the site. The order will be canceled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
PIT POSSE"

[:@] Typical. Well back on the search again [&o]

Old 03-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

NO WAY!! That's messed up... Here ya go son, have a candy bar. No! wait, I changed my mind. Give it back.. LOL.

My brother in law manages a local parts store, I'll see if he can find something for ya......

Old 03-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks bro I appreciate that.

Quick Reply: Oil drain plug.