General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Notstock's valve job....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator
Default Notstock's valve job....

Well I finally got her put back together and it started, did the carb sync and she idles nicely and revs good. But, always a but, the ticking is still there, so I do not think I did a very good job, I think it is even worse. When I accelerate she is fine but when off the throttle the ticking is real loud. [:@]

When I was doing the carb sync there was a lot of blow back coming out of the vent that has a tube from the engine case to the air cleaner, more than I have ever seen.

It was nice to go on a short test ride though; I have been missing out on ridding.

Guess IU will choke out the bucks and take her into Mach 1, and have them fix what I did not do correctly. I really do not want to tear her down again.

Want to say thanks to Bigrig , nobrakes and the others who chimed in with advice. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Notstock's valve job....

No prob bro.... Not enough help tho', as it did not fix the prob....

Cool thing tho', you can chock it up to experience. You did have her tore apart, changed shims, re timed her, and put her all back together... And she runs. That means you are good.. Now, do that all again, and have a couple of pieces left over, and she STILL runs, that means you are DAM good!! lol

I don't think you did anything incorrectly. I think you might have another prob in there somewhere. You'll have to let us know what they find NS....

Old 07-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

I hate those extra parts

Yea I will let you guys know, I think it may be the way I am measuring, either way Mach1 will "get er done" I was a little over my head on this one but if I get the chance to see of help someone do there's I would learn how. On a scale of 1-10 this was a 12 to say the least.

Thanks again for the help bro, I would not have made it if not for you[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

No prob man..... You would do it for me. Now, go enjoy a Corona, you deserve it!! lol

Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

No prob man..... You would do it for me. Now, go enjoy a Corona, you deserve it!! lol
I just enjoyed 5 of them

Old 07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Well at least she started back up! Sorry to hear that it didn't fix the problem. You need another corona - six is the magic number!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Dmn', thought you had it. But as said above, good learning curve. Congrats with that one. Keep us informed.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you got it back together and it fires, but sorry it's still not quite right. Hope you get it worked out soon. My bike was down for about a week a while back and I first developed headaches and then the shakes going through withdrawal.