General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

My Heart is Broken……

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My Heart is Broken……

My guess is the guy doesn't use paypal b/c of the fees he must pay. He has a good ebay rating but yeah I understand your concern. I just can't wait for the pics of your teardown. isn't ur 7 running? I know its a track bike but I'm sure you could figure something out to get your fix. I had mine out today for a while for to get my fix. no headlight, mirrors or turn signals and plenty of exhuast note.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: walight01

My guess is the guy doesn't use paypal b/c of the fees he must pay. He has a good ebay rating but yeah I understand your concern. I just can't wait for the pics of your teardown. isn't ur 7 running? I know its a track bike but I'm sure you could figure something out to get your fix. I had mine out today for a while for to get my fix. no headlight, mirrors or turn signals and plenty of exhuast note.

Ha I got stopped by my neighbor the other day out on the 7, he said lucky it was him and some of the other a-holes that might impound the bike. Yea I am going to have to schedule a track day, not that you have to twist my arm or anything. lol

I heard some of the western kf foos are going to vegas and they my stop and hit a track out this way so I am waiting to here about that.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I guess thats the difference between podunk and civilation. Here we have ONE cop, and when the cop isn't onduty, he parks the car at his house. So I drive by the house and see the car parked, i'm good to go!!![sm=gears.gif]

Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

I guess thats the difference between podunk and civilation. Here we have ONE cop, and when the cop isn't onduty, he parks the car at his house. So I drive by the house and see the car parked, i'm good to go!!![sm=gears.gif]
LMAO

Old 08-25-2006, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

dang walighto1 where are you from anway? LOL

Old 08-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebird
If all else fails, jump on a plane and come up here - I might let you take mine through some twisites, j/k you can hop on the back!!
Sounds like the best option so far, NS. [sm=loveeyes.gif] Drop those wrenches, I can't believe you aren't already booked on a flight ... [sm=drlove.gif]

Old 08-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DevilGirl

dang walighto1 where are you from anway? LOL
he said "podunk" I think it's in the midwest or the poor south

Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey I'm in the South there bubba....you can't get much more Southern than Arkansas mmmK!? I'm not a redneck....I actually speak plain english. And have all of my teeth. But yes I've been to a tractor pull. LMAO

Old 08-25-2006, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Hey if your sister is not your cousin then you’re still up north. Lol

Hey JK with that one, I uv them all even the rednecks.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

bigrig, are you talking about the piston rods being pad? How much are a set of rings? If a ring has gone bad, and the cylinder walls are good and pistons are ok, shouldn't the replacement of the rings fix the problem?
Was thinking about the piston pins. Rings are cheap enough. But lets say best case scenario, there is a broken ring that is causing the blowby. Lets say cylinders are good, crank is good, etc... the cylinders still need to be honed so the new rings will seat. Which means head comes off, crank comes out, engine removal, new bearings, rings, gaskets, etc... If there is a busted compression ring, chances are it's a primary to cause that much blowby, which would likely mean cylinder scarring. Which would mean all 4 cylinders would have to be bored to match. If the lower half is redone, you have to redo the upper half. The upper half would not take the extra punishment from all new lower, compression, etc... So now he's back at the point like the bike shop said, $1200.00 parts, machine work, labor, etc..

ON the bright side, if NS is out lets say $3000.00 just for a figure. He will have a basically brand new bike again, with more compression and power. If it's all apart, might as well do the headwork, shave, P and P, etc... Maybe 5 over pistons.. 185 - 190 horse. That would be awesome. It would only cost an extra couple hundred machine work. Then you would know what you had in the bike. An R1 busa killer baby...

If engine is bad after all your testing NS... If you pull the motor and take it in, how much labor would it save? Maybe 300-400 bucks?

Quick Reply: My Heart is Broken……