General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

My Dad at track school - pic added!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My Dad Rocks!!

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Pretty cool BB. you definitely need to post some pics!

What's Km/h? Must be some sort of weird Canadian thing! LOL, JK!
Km/h is kilometers per hour - that is how our speed limits are measured. So on my drive into work on the highway, the maximum speed posted is 110 km/h. Makes it seem like we're going faster!

I talked to my dad last night. He was saying that he is having a blast there! Five people crashed, one high sided pretty good - he was okay though, a little shaken up by it though.

Funny to hear your 50 year old dad talking about shaving 19 seconds off of his lap time! He is going to buy the CD at the end of the course that has the pics - so I'll try to nab some of them from him.

All in all, he is extremely satisfied with the course so far! Oh yeah, almost forgot, he is on a 2006 GSXR-600, he said it didn't have the power that he had expected it would.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebird

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Pretty cool BB. you definitely need to post some pics!

What's Km/h? Must be some sort of weird Canadian thing! LOL, JK!
Km/h is kilometers per hour - that is how our speed limits are measured. So on my drive into work on the highway, the maximum speed posted is 110 km/h. Makes it seem like we're going faster!
I know, that's why I put a JK at the end. (Just Kidding)

Although slow at times, we Americans do know our metric system

Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

wow - I'm the slow one today!!! I figured you were just joking about the weird Canadian part!

[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 08-03-2006, 08:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, that too! You crazy canadians![sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

BB,
I heard that Zachery could teach you a few things about riding. [8D] Man still love that thread.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigO

BB,
I heard that Zachery could teach you a few things about riding. [8D] Man still love that thread.
Oh he'd leave me in the dust for sure!!! Wonder where he is, I could use some lessons!! Might even be cheaper than track school!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Definetly save some money I guess.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Well, talked to my dad last night........he was given some sort of award for being the best rider in his group. They based the award on fastest lap times and consistency. His time was 1:11 and he was tied with someone else, but he was more consistent! I think its awesome that he got that!!!

Apparently a rider in one of the other groups had a pretty bad accident. They black flagged him and when he came off the track, the instructors told him to slow things down some. They let him back out on the track and he made it through three corners, and high sided in the fourth corner. I guess he got slammed into the ground pretty hard, ambulance medics suspected a broken pelvis and a few other broken bones. I hope this fella has a speedy recovery and feels better soon.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on blue glad ur dad had fun.i guess the other guy should of listened to the instructor thats why they call them instructors.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Some people just can't stop long enough to dig the crap outta their ears!!!

They had a blast, I was looking at the pics that they brought home - they are friggin sweet!!! Its kind of weird to see pics of my dad darn near dragging his knee on a GSXR600!!! Pretty cool! I'll try to get some posted soon!

Quick Reply: My Dad at track school - pic added!!