General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

My Dad at track school - pic added!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default My Dad at track school - pic added!!

Well my dad and my uncle are going to the Fast Riding School in Ontario.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics when they get back, and I'll let ya know what they thought of the school, in case anyone is interested in heading to Shannonville.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My Dad Rocks!!

Way cool BB.
When are you going?

Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Funny that you ask that - if my uncle had his way, I'd be there right now!

Well --- I turn 30 next year, so maybe I'll have a mini mid-life crisis and hit the track then! But seriously, I would love to at least try the track sometime in the near future. I also would like to hit Deals Gap sometime and spank that dragon in the a$$! I figure within the next couple of years - I'll feel ready for that stuff.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That's awesome. I didn't think they had motorcycles that would go fast enough for a track in Canada??? lol lol lol lol

Old 08-02-2006, 07:17 AM

bluebird it is awsome that school and there are three stages begginner intermediate and big daddy if u get what i mean and they teache u alot about track and the lines and it also makes u a better street rider. im not going i dont think cause all my friends went and they can teach me but who knows! that s great to here about ur dad wish u would of went i live 4 hours away and i would of came and did some track with ya! and then u could have told bigrig how fast a 10 gets around the track in canada[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Funny that you ask that - if my uncle had his way, I'd be there right now!

Well --- I turn 30 next year, so maybe I'll have a mini mid-life crisis and hit the track then! But seriously, I would love to at least try the track sometime in the near future. I also would like to hit Deals Gap sometime and spank that dragon in the a$$! I figure within the next couple of years - I'll feel ready for that stuff.

No worries Bluebird, can guarantee that participating in one or more of those classes, will make you be a better rider when it comes to the dragon and others.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 AM

i agree tottaly with u dragon cause they teach u the apex of the corners and the speed and that is what the dragon is all about even if i have not been there yet but riding is riding no matter where u go as long as you go at your own pace

Old 08-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Oh come on Big Rig - you know the Canadian ones are faster! (big part of that is due to everything being in km/h instead of mph )

I should explain something - when I decided I was getting a motorcycle, I talked to my dad. He said that the only way that he would help me in finding one and go riding with me was if I took the safety course. So I did. Ever since then, my dad has been helping with developing my riding skills (kind of nice to learn from someone that has over thirty years of experience!). I am sure that I will benefit from him taking this course, at least I hope so!

Someday I will do track school and I will hit the Dragon - with my dad!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

lol lol.... Ya, I heard about those Canadian bikes.. Especially the ones with the piston return springs and the stickers.. lol

Your dad sounds like a cool cat. That's awesome. Have fun!!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Pretty cool BB. you definitely need to post some pics!

What's Km/h? Must be some sort of weird Canadian thing! LOL, JK!

Quick Reply: My Dad at track school - pic added!!