General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

MSF Course

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default MSF Course

I signed up for the course and I am going to take it in two weeks, however, I was just wondering how long does it take to receive your motorcycle license after finishing the course?

Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: MSF Course

take the certificate to your department of motor vehicles and you get the M class liscence or you get it added to your current liscence. so it depends on how long the line is.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good luck RR[8D]

Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

...as long as you have your temps already, you will get it there.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Just a reminder to remember the point of the MSF exercise: Take what you learn and apply it. Too often, riders complete the course and then immediately return to their former uneducated habits. Hopefully, it will be more than just a means to an endorsement. Some of the most basic concepts will really keep you out of trouble if you just routinely apply them.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Thank you. I didn't know it was that easy. The MSF people said that they would take care of everything for you, but I think I'll just go to the DMW myself. Hopefully thelines won't be so longwhen the time comes lol.

Thanks hoedogg for the luck. Hopefully everythingwill run smoothly andI'll be back on the road in no time.

An ofcoursejeffzx9, I understand you completely. I plan on taking what I learn and applying it to riding because firstly I'mpaying $350 for it lol and secondly I don't want to make any more stupid mistakes in the future.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my question.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Here in maine you can either take the 8hr MSF course that gives you a permit for a yr and you just mail in for your test date or you can take the weekend course that consists of an 8hr class on a saturday then riding all day sunday,if you pass their class you leave with a temp lic and get the permanant at the dmv when you go.Price diff on the two is around $80 for the 8hr permit class or up to $500 for the whole deal and they supply the ride

Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I almost forgot GOOD LUCK MAN[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks hokie. The course I am taking will be the 3 day course. On Friday, there will be an evening session in the classroom, and on saturday and sunday, non stop riding/practicing. They also supply the ride. I like the idea of them giving you a temp lic, but unfortunately, it does not seem like that in my case. Anyway, I waited a very long time to get myself a bike, so an extra week or two cannot dampen my spirits lol. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

If you don't have your own helmet - get one. Otherwise you will have to wear one supplied from the MSF crew. If that's the case, wear a bandana. There have been way too many sweaty heads in those helmets.
Good luck!

Quick Reply: MSF Course