General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Mods this winter what ya doing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Default RE: Mods this winter what ya doing?

Gonna work on my Honda CM. Take it apart and shine up the chrome and paint the tank. Can't really do anything with my ninja cept clean it

Old 11-22-2005, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay, I put a couple of pics with the new windscreen in the gallery. But for those hedonists into instant gratification, here's a pic....

[IMG]local://upfiles/675/CC535422F9254AB5A059C2D2398FAE1F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: technophile

Okay, I put a couple of pics with the new windscreen in the gallery. But for those hedonists into instant gratification, here's a pic....
SWEET!!!! Now I am definately gonna get one myself! That looks awesome [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 11-22-2005, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks. I think that it really helps define the lines of the front fairing. I suppose it gives it a little more substance and helps to define the contours. The mirrors help a lot too. The rubber boot that covers the arm gives the mirrors a nice flowing line that works well with the shape of the windscreen. They look more like they were meant to be there and less like an afterthought. I can't wait to get rid of the fender and those bulky turn signals. When I first purchased the bike they didn' t really bother me, but now, they bug the hell out of me becuase the disrupt the flow of the bodywork. They must go! I want clean flowing lines.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM

For me it looks like I will be re-gearing during my 8K servicing and replacing the rear tire too. Yes I'm doing the -1/+2 on it [sm=badbadbad.gif] . Other then that hopefully a windscreen, and maybe some painting of the black parts to blue.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

The EX went under the knife last night for its federectomy. I must say the surgery was a success. The stock black plastic anchor was replace with a much more trim Competition Werks Stainless steel mounting unit. It pulls the signals up tight to the body and puts a little attitude on the mounting angle of the plate. I think it looks pretty sharp. I think I'm going to keep the stock signals until I find some suitable flushmounts for the front. Then those rear signals will either be replaced with more streamlined units or tossed altogether in favor of a rear tail-light integration. The Rearsets should be here in a couple of days...more pics to come.

I have pics in the photo gallery of the new tail...sexy...

Old 11-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

WOW! Can I send my bike down to ya when you're done yours???? j/k That looks amazing!

Old 11-24-2005, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks...This whole modding thing is getting addictive. Now that that lousy fender is gone I got to thinking a rear hugger would look pretty cool, but I would probably have to fab something out of fiberglass. Then I got to thinking maybe a full fairing with a solo tail

Old 11-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: technophile

Thanks...This whole modding thing is getting addictive. Now that that lousy fender is gone I got to thinking a rear hugger would look pretty cool, but I would probably have to fab something out of fiberglass. Then I got to thinking maybe a full fairing with a solo tail
You got bit by the mod bug! full fairing with a solo tail would look nice! You'll need to join the knighthood with Sir Mods-a-lot

Old 11-25-2005, 09:04 PM

Santa's bringing an Akrapovic full exhaust & Powercomander.

Quick Reply: Mods this winter what ya doing?