General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I love police scanners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I love police scanners!

As I type this, I am listening to the cops trying to find two guys that are quote "hot rodding" their bikes. One officer said they clocked them going between 130-140mph.

Now, they are running through apartment complexes! This is great! Two cops are now trying to block off the entrances and exits to the apartments. I just heard one of them say "if we catch them, this will make my day".

Old 11-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Default RE: I love police scanners!

So what was the end result

Old 11-23-2006, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm still listening, but it looks like they may have caught at least one of them.

It sounds like the cops had one of them cornered in a garage. The last I heard, an officer was running the plates and drivers license of a motorcycle/rider.

It's hard to keep track of since all the other police channels are also popping in and out. In fact that's the reason I turned on the scanner today. I heard and saw a fire truck coming down from about a block away from me, so I checked to see what's going on.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I've gotta get going to see my parents, but I've got some more stories from the police scanner I will tell later.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok, about 5 yrs ago when I first got the scanner, a friend and I followed police pursuit all the way through town. It ended in an apartment complex with this guy that was very drunk, and earlier had tried to cut his wrists at his girlfriends place as she called the cops. That guy was really messed up looking, and was flipping off all the people that came out to see what was going on as the police were sticking him in the back seat of the cruiser.

I also used to bring my scanner out to the illegal street races to track when the cops were coming. It worked well, until they became smart and started using their cell phones to communicate!

Old 11-25-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

haha oops..... I remember those days. COPS!!!! COPS!!!!! and everyone running to there cars.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

at the street races round here theres u.c. cops racing and the next thing you know. RAID !!! having a 4x4 kicks *** when you need to jump the train tracks.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Everyone knew after a few bust ups that someone in the crowed was an u.c. cop. I can remember hearing on the police scanner, a cop saying that a few people were using scanners. (That's when they started using their cell phones.)

Never did any of the cops ever try to race us though.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member

It got so bad down here in Fresno that anything such as an exhaust tip the cops will pull you over and have you pop the hood and look for anything they can write ya up for. I dont race my car I just happen to like the look of the imports with some taste full additions, not talking about wide body kits that stick a foot out from the car or wings that would make a 747 jealous.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

haa haa rice rice baby !

Quick Reply: I love police scanners!