General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I just went down..

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I just went down..

I got off work, got onto my bike, gave it too much gas, and went down. Simple as that. Went down at 5 mph. But everyone of my coworkers ran over like I almost died. Embarrassing, plus the damage on my bike. Frame sliders took most the damage. But gonna need to get new bar ends, new handle grips and if I want it to be brand new, new fairings.

my boss drove me home, my tail between my legs, not in any physical pain, but emotionally, I'm broken in pieces. I just need some encouraging words here fellas. And some advice. Why won't my bike start? How much are repairs? Is insurance gonna cover it?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sorry bout the get off bro! as for the bike not starting you need to turn it off take the key out and then try it. it's called a tip over sensor it cuts the ignigtion power. cheer up bro bikes fall just a fact. that 600cc aint no joke tho be carfull.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, famous last words of get to know your ride. Too bad on the off though.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Atleast this didn't happen on my first few days, to where I get scared off of riding anymore.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

falling down in the first few days or once a yr or more at track. It is never a nice thing, but hop back on and ride again. You have a good riding attitude. congrats

Old 10-07-2009, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks!!! was it your 250 or the 600???

It looks like it will probably be under your deductable so no sense in reporting it to your insurance...premiums would just go up...what side did it go down on??? you can do all the repairs yourself from what you say is damamged...just parts... ...if it is the 600 I might know where some parts are...

Everyone falls down...just got to pick yourself up and press on...

Last edited by Odimus; 10-07-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

give your bike a few starts...it will kick over...

Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

WEll, I got the bike home yesterday. I was wanting to try and fix everything myself. But there's one thing that I don't know how to fix.

When it went down, (the 600, odimus) the bar end slider broke off. It was on the throttle side, too. I know, I know. Just get a new slider. But when this one came off, it didn't break at the bolt. It took the threading inside of the handlebar. I'll put some pics of it today.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry about the bike, and your pride. That sucks that it had to happen in front of people you now. 5 years from now some smart mouth that you work with will still be saying "hey remember that time you dumped your bike going 5?" That's when you look at him and say, well at least I have a bike,...and a girl....and am your supervisor now...BAM!!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IGonzoI
WEll, I got the bike home yesterday. I was wanting to try and fix everything myself. But there's one thing that I don't know how to fix.

When it went down, (the 600, odimus) the bar end slider broke off. It was on the throttle side, too. I know, I know. Just get a new slider. But when this one came off, it didn't break at the bolt. It took the threading inside of the handlebar. I'll put some pics of it today.
you just might have to drill it out that's all or just push it further down and install a new one...

Quick Reply: I just went down..