General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

How much would you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride, looks great! Gear up, keep her shiny side up, and above all enjoy the ride.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Bike looks GREAT!!!
Three quick suggestions: Watch out for curb bumps; they can cause tire probs later on. Save your pennies and widen that rear tire to next size. And, put a tether cord on that disc lock before you crack your fender. (Ask me how I know....)

Old 05-21-2010, 02:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, I can see that lock causing an issue for sure. That yellow wheel paint from smacking curbs?

Nice looking ride, gear up and enjoy.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike. Good luck and have fun!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike! I have a cosmetic suggestion: Change all your fairing bolts to black. I did, and love the clean look. Yours would benefit from it too.

http://www.bikebolts.com/kawasaki-pa...g-fastener-kit

Old 06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Now ride that 250 for a few months and get good at starting, stopping, turning, leaning, and etc and buy you a fast one!

You will get bored with it after you learn it well. Great starter bike.

I didnt realize they changed the body styles on the 250's to look like the 636's and such? What year did that start happening?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member

2008!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

^ Well hott dayum!!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
hahaha, I can see that lock causing an issue for sure. That yellow wheel paint from smacking curbs?

Nice looking ride, gear up and enjoy.
Funny you guys should post this... that same night, I ended up dropping the bike because of the wheel lock. I will never put it on again without the reminder cord. Learned my lesson. Not much damage, just a few little scratches, but still very mad at myself for letting it happen. Also, the yellow on the tire is like dried rusty water. It was on the bike when I bought it.

Originally Posted by 94Ninja250
Nice bike! I have a cosmetic suggestion: Change all your fairing bolts to black. I did, and love the clean look. Yours would benefit from it too.

http://www.bikebolts.com/kawasaki-pa...g-fastener-kit
I kinda already did this. I bought some red and black bolts off ebay. But they only had the small windscreen ones, so I still have the larger bolts in metal. I will probably end up buying this kit though to replace the larger ones. I definitely agree that changing them makes a nice difference. Thanks!!!

Mod-wise, I've replaced some of the stock bolts to red and black, replaced the windscreen with a Puig Dark Smoke windscreen, added a Black Tribal Tank Pad, installed a brake light modulator, a ProjektD Fender Eliminator and swing arm bolts. I'm still waiting on parts for these ones, but I also plan on installing HIDs, flushmount Proton Turn Signals, and installing some black frame sliders.

And thank you all for your positive comments and suggestions. I look forward to practicing more and learning to get more comfortable with my bike. It's all new to me and has been a bit of a struggle, but it's getting easier as I ride more.

Last edited by nattygirl6; 06-02-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

RE: Disc lock. Funny, now you know exactly what I know, and we didn't even have a conversation about it. (Doesn't that just make you feel like a complete idiot when it happens??)

Quick Reply: How much would you pay?