General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

how I got my bike you ask? (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default how I got my bike you ask? (Pics)

So. You people all know why I got my bike. What my motives were. My feelings, and fulfilling my dream. But how was a 19 year old kid able to get a brand new bike and pay it off right there? Well, uh oh. It's time for another one of Gonzo's pointless and mind numbing stories.

It all started off a couple of years ago. I was fresh out of high school enjoying my summer. After swimming with a few friends we decided that we should drive out to the nearby Panda Express. We enjoy our delicious well deserved grub, and head out to the car. Little do we know that the next couple hours will be some of the most memorable in our entire lives.

We're taking the normal route to get back home, driving on a four lane road with a large bark dust and tree median straight down the middle of it. I was in the back staring at the back of the seat infront of me when I heard a tire screech, orange streak, and my good friend screaming "Oh god!" The next thing I remember is an incredible impact. It was like being punched my a UFC fighter in every part of your body all at once. After realizing what had happened I tilted my head up, feeling warm blood drip down my chin and onto my shorts. I tried to inhale but it was like breathing through a straw..

I don't know if any of you have ever been in a car accident, but the one thing you never forget is the smell of the airbags. The bitter, smell that goes into your nose and reaches out through every finger and toe in your body. I'll never forget it. I look up and try to talk with my friend in the front seat. But when I talked I couldn't hear anything. The only thing was a constant buzz which I later realized was a combination of my ears ringing and the horn in both cars. After getting out of the car I was promptly told to lay down on the side of the road by an off duty firefighter. Before I knew it there was several cop cars, two fire trucks, and a couple ambulances there. After all the craziness had died down I got to look at the situation, the carnage, and myself.

Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.1 KB
This is the car I was in. I had a tongue that was bit in half, two chipped teeth, internal bruising, seatbelt bruises, scrapes, blood in my pee, and just between me and you, the pressure from the seatbelt had caused me to go... Number two in my shorts.

Name:  car3.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  76.1 KB
This is the car that hit us. Turns out this car was a rental from a guy who didn't have a license and had a warrant out for his arrest. Any guess to what he did? He climbed out the window and ran away. Still not in custody.

We decided that the best thing to do was to get ahold of an attorney and try to get money from this guy. I'm sure those of you who have had to deal with the law in this way can vouch for me. It takes a long, long time. A year after the car accident me a the deposition meeting and long story still long, I end up with a 25,000 check in my pocket. Needless to say, I spent a small portion on a bike.

You know, my mother has asked me several times if I think it's a good idea getting a motorcycle when if that's what I was riding at the time of the accident I would be dead. I had a hard time answering that, but after taking my bike up to the road where the accident happened, feeling the wind on my skin, hearing the quietness and serenity of the street, I couldn't help feel that things had simply come full circle.

Last edited by IGonzoI; 07-12-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, nice header

Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Recommend a change? By the way, you can move this if you want. I didn't know which forum it would be appropriate in.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IGonzoI
and just between me and you, the pressure from the seatbelt had caused me to go... Number two in my shorts.

Not anymore

happy you lived throught it ,sounds like you came through ok in the back seat, how did the friends up front do?

and what Bike did you buy?

Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wedge
Not anymore

happy you lived throught it ,sounds like you came through ok in the back seat, how did the friends up front do?

and what Bike did you buy?

Ah, cmon. I know the internet is good at keeping secrets, right?

Well. Passenger had a broken collar bone and some bruising. Driver oddly enough had nothing worse than some pulled muscles and stiffness.

I got a Ninja 250R. Gotta start with a small bike, I say!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

thats crazy! good to see another 250 bro

Old 07-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kawaklx
thats crazy! good to see another 250 bro
He meant the real 250 bro. lol