General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

heres what im doing...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Default heres what im doing...

fiber glass is a &%#*@ to work with! but then again now my bike has no cracks at all... im sending it off to the airbrush shop tomorrow =) im going with heavy metallic blue with chrome kawasaki decals.. eventually chrome wheels and frame but no time soon... ill prob just spray my wheels gray or somethin for now... ill post pics of the progress in a bit =)

Old 12-17-2005, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: heres what im doing...

sounds sweet dude cant wait to see the pics!!!!!!

Old 12-17-2005, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Hope it all works out for ya. Your bikes goin to be [sm=bling.gif] with all that chrome.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

nice can't wait to see the pics....

Old 12-17-2005, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

That bike will look good when it's done. Post some pic's when you get it all finished. Would make a good Do it your self topic to if you got the time to write up how to do the things your going to to.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:47 AM

I'll 2nd that! Fiberglass is indeed a challenge. While working at a storage yard with a friend of mine, he accidently drove the little golf-kart that we had to get around into someones boat trailer hitch. No damage to the hitch, but it poked a nice hole in the front left plastic in the kart. The yard owner was a long-time friend, so he told us just to fix it... We had a hell of a time trying to fix that thing with those glass sheets... Trying to shape it to look somewhat normal. In the end, it looked like the kart had one headlight (where it had none before). I told my buddy that he needed to crash it again, this time on the other side so we could make matching headlights. heh... Ahh, the good 'ole days.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

i work with fiber glass all the time and it could be a pain in the ***.... but like anything else pratice make perfact....

Old 12-18-2005, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I would like to learn to lay glass, actually carbon fib. how cool would that be to have a full carbon kit. prob never happen, but hey i can dream

Old 12-18-2005, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: lemac

I would like to learn to lay glass, actually carbon fib. how cool would that be to have a full carbon kit. prob never happen, but hey i can dream
they have them out there.... http://www.oppracing.com/gallery/bikes.php?bike_id=26

Old 12-18-2005, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

omg!!! that bike is fn sick, minus the gold wheels i think i would stay with blk ones gives it that evil look.

Quick Reply: heres what im doing...