General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Had my 1st crash today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Had my 1st crash today...

So today's my birthday and I decided to ride to work. About a block from home, on surface streets, the box truck in front of me hits his brakes hard to avoid a turner who hadn't given him any time to react. I hit the front and back, back slides to the left a little. Can't get her stopped before the front tire kisses the back bumper. Up pops a little piece of my front fender that hooked part of the bumper, I fall over to the left. The bike squishes the crap outta my big toe, don't think it's broken, so I ain't whinin. Bottom line is I'm fine, and lucky to be that way.

Little scratch on the metal engine cover, small crack in the lower fairing, front fender is missing a small chunk, very little scrape on the bar end, 2 small dings in the rear plastic. Helmet never touched asphalt. Not even a scratch on my summer jacket (but still glad its got armor).

Now I've got even more to be grateful for on my birthday.

Ride safe - I know I'll be putting a lot more room between me and all others on surface streets now!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Had my 1st crash today...

that really sucks bro especially since it was your b-day and all.....glad to hear you are alright....and from the sounds of it you can still ride the bike which is always a plus......btw happy b-day

Old 06-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Good job man...that could have been a big mess. Lesson learned the hard way, but still learned!! We have all done it. We get comfortable on the bike because we go a long time without an accident. Then when the time comes, most people keep a good head about them and react well, but most cases could have been avoided....At least you were geared up. Sorry to hear about the damage man!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Lesson learned! But not beating myself up over it ...after looking it over for about half an hour and decided rather than cry about it I'd take a detour and hit my favorite canyon on the way to work. Day's not lost. Thanks for the posts.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Exactly right!! WTG man.....

Old 06-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Happy B-Day and also a congrats in not much damage.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

damm gs, sucks about your bike but happy b day anyway. when you figure out what parts you need let me know. i got a few things here that might save you some cash.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that you're okay! Happy be-lated b-day!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again for the posts. My toe is a really great red/purple - actually a pretty good match to Evil's paint job.
Evil - thanks for the offer bro - very cool. I've ordered a new front fender and a lower left cowl. The only things left are really minor. The left side motor cover has some asphalt imprint on it, the left bar end slider is a little scratched, and there's a little scratch on the back plastic that I don't think I'm even gonna worry 'bout.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

since your not that far, you can drop off the bar ends and i can powder coat them for you. id offer you mine but there red. i dont think thed go with your bike.

Quick Reply: Had my 1st crash today...