General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

good gear sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default good gear sales

Figure it might be worth making a thread over. Never can have to much gear so I figured why not make a thread to update when we come across some really good deals on gear. Here is a noto gp corkscrew jacket I found on sale for 49.99
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html

Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: good gear sales

dude!! ems has found a good gear site. killer deals!! it's inthe KLX section.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

www.motorcyclesuperstore.com

Old 12-05-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Motorcycel superstore is a great place to find god deals on gear and stuff! I use motoxoutlet too! They have good deals on tires.

But here is a smoking deal for you street demons
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/joe_rocket/kawasaki_factory_racing_replica_one_piece_motorcyc le_race_suit.html

Old 12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

my wife bought some stuff from motorcycle superstore for my b-day. had to exchange one item that they sent the wrong size (bully lock with wrong pin size, they're mistake) and it took 6 weeks to get the replacement after sending the other one back.

i wasn't too thrilled with their customer service. but hey i did eventually get it and they do have good prices.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:57 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I only bought one thing from motorcyclesuperstore. It was a replacement set of alpine star sps gloves. I had lost one glove in an acident. So I knew the size and all. I have bought a couple of things from new enough and had friends get stuff from them with no issues either.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Anyone tried one?

Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

Figure it might be worth making a thread over. Never can have to much gear so I figured why not make a thread to update when we come across some really good deals on gear. Here is a noto gp corkscrew jacket I found on sale for 49.99
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html

That jacket you posted up is really speaking to me. I'm contemplating on buying it, but can someone first explain something to me. What is the difference between leather, textile, and mesh jackets? Does one offer better protection over the other? Is one more comfortable than the other? Pros and cons please

Old 12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

New Enough is great place. Excellent customer service.
Leather is the toughest, and best with armor. Personally, I prefer the hard armor because it has the best protection against impact and grinding on the asphalt. The foam-y stuff is ok; good for light/moderate impact, which probably most accidents are (I guess?). Textile is a reasonably good alternative to leather in warmer climes. Some of the ballistic stuff is pretty abrasion resistant, but leather is still the best, as far as I know. Last but not least, particularly for the comfort in hot weather, is mesh. Lower on the protection pole, but much more comfortable in 80-90 degree weather if you're just cruising around. I have a mesh for the really hot stuff, and a perf leather with hard armor for the moderately hot stuff. For the track, I recommend a leather 1-piece with hard armor, and next, zip together combo, if you just do track days occasionally. As long as you're wearing some kind of protection, you're improving your odds of fewer injuries; not always, but most of the time. It also depends a little on how you ride. If you're a cruiser who keeps the tach and speedo down, your odds are probably better than a rider with something to prove and everything to lose.
Just my opinion.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks I learned a whole lot. I still did not make a decision about whether to buy it or not, but I feel a lot better knowing more about the protection each has to offer... Once again jeffzx9, thank you for the helpful information.