General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

DON'T wheelie around cops

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

There is a segment on this very thing tonight here in ontario at 11pm on the news. Apparently it's not working that well. Go figure. It does totally suck. A $40 fine is alot more resonable than ruining your life. Man, when I saw my sweet Irene get taken away on a flatbed my heart fell. I even talked about getting rid of both of my bikes. I am still seriously considering it. I don't know anyone that owns a sportbike that drives it without "stunting" at one time or another. Anyway, I talked to a lawyer tonight and I will keep ya'll posted on the turmoil here in Onterrible, er...Ontario lol. Thanks for all the comments fellas

Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Looking forward to the up-date

Old 09-10-2009, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member

To me, this doesn't discorage people from doing a wheelie. If people are gonna wheelie, they're gonna wheelie. But if someone who just does a wheelie and sees the reds and blues behind them what it DOES encourage them to do is to book it. Hopefully they get away scott free rather than having their life taken away.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Man, when I saw my sweet Irene get taken away on a flatbed my heart fell.
ah hell, I miss understood this thread by far.....thought it as just another stupid law post. Dang, sorry to hear. Even here in the states, things are not pretty either. I had a judgement lapse myself back in the early '90's. Was cruising over hwy 20 between Sisters and SweetHome Oregon at a buck 76 according to the state trooper. (supposedly averaged 130mph in 9 miles) before I viewed the lights and pulled over. That was a $5k fine and 3 months license suspension. That was when I realized the track time was my mission from then on. lol

Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

track time sounds like it would be great. I mentioned to my wife that I would like to take a FAST course and learn how to ride properly on the track. I don't think it's that outrageous of a price for a weekend. I thought about wheelie school too, but I think I will leave that one alone :P

Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, and 176mph?? That is messed lol. Mine will top out way before then. Sorry to hear that you got busted, it's never fun.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member

The bigger the fine or loss for "smaller" infractions will only cost lives, people will decide to just run.
If I thought I was going to jail/losing the bike/10k fine.
I'm not sure I would stop. Guess I'm just evil......

Old 09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

That's the concensus of just about everyone I talked to since I got my charge. I mean EVERYONE. There was a man killed on a green kawasaki sportbike in Montreal running from the cops the same day I got nailed. RIP. Be careful out there fellas.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Got my bike back yesterday. Man what a pain. $420 later she is back at my parents, I didn't even get it back to my place yet. TRIED to get my license yesterday too, no go. Apparently if you lose your license after business hours you have to wait til the next business day the following week to get it back. I lost mine 8pm last Saturday, so that's when I can get it back. Since the MTO office isn't open then, I have to wait til Monday. How awesome is that? You would figure 7 days is 7 days...OH NO!!! It has to be down to the freaking minute! Sorry, had to rant lol.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lmao, dang, what lessons learned. Sorry bro, patience and maybe someday wisdom hopefully. Not that I have accomplished that either, but good luck.

Quick Reply: DON'T wheelie around cops