General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

DON'T wheelie around cops

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default DON'T wheelie around cops

Lol, I know I don't have to tell ya this. But don't do it. In Ontario, you lose your license on the spot for a week, they impound your bike for a week, face possible jail time, $2000-$10 000 fine, 6 demerit points, you could lose your license for up to 2yrs first offense, 10yrs for the second and your insurance is suppose to go up 100%. I think that's all, WTF? For a tiny misplaced wheelie? YUP! Do yourself a favour, if you are thinking of coming to Ontario, go to B.C. or somewhere out east. Ontario is now dubbed Onterrible in my books.

Attached Thumbnails DON'T wheelie around cops-sspx0124.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 04:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats alot for just a wheelie.
Sucks to see a bike like that on a flatbed

Old 09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude, hatin' it for you. Hope you get your bike back soon!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

damm that sux

Old 09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

traditionally when the police levy hefty fines it is due to a practice being harmful or dangerous to others. wheelies rarely are harmful to anybody but the rider.

maybe the fines are to help support the socialized healthcare

Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats it. Was wondering how they made up for it

Old 09-08-2009, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

The government is so worried about your safety that they take your bike, money, freedom, and generally make your life hell for the immediate future.
Aren't you glad someone's looking out for you?

M

Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

yea, i'm in Ontario too... this law just recently came out (i think in 07).

It was used to curb "street racing" at first (when the media machine was reporting nothing but street racing... man, if i didn't know better, i'd think in Canada it wasn't safe to walk out of your house without getting hit by a street racer, the way the media made it seem.

Any type of "stunt" driving or racing.. even inappropriate or "fast" lane changes.. swerving... falls under this law - as well as driving 50 kms over the posted limit... yup - you're basically convicted on the spot... no trial... no nothing.

And the media LOVES to report that the "opp nabbed a street racer driving 150 km/h on the 401" ... they call any type of fast speeding "street racing" and that's how they got the law to pass... the general public didn't realize how all encompassing this law really was. Every time someone was against it - the same ol' question - -"You mean you agree that it's ok to drive 50kms over the limit and harm or kill others?" (over and over and over again)

meanwhile - all they did was take out careless and dangerous driving and replace it with heftier fines and a roadside conviction.... careless and dangerous charges are left so that cops who approach the scene of an accident and can't tell if "racing" was involved can still lay a charge.

man - it's scary what the media fear machine can do. Ask anyone in Canada if 7-8 years ago they would allow a roadside conviction.... but after the media repeats the same 10 stories on tv...... who knows.

Sorry for the random thoughts... i get worked up just thinking about it. I'd love for someone to try this in the U.S. HA!

Last edited by higgs; 09-09-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 AM
KSR

Hehe if u come over here. U get $40 fine. Fore do the same thing.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:05 AM
1st Gear Member

hate to watch baby go away!

Quick Reply: DON'T wheelie around cops