General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Does every biker have a crash ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Does every biker have a crash ???

Two years and no wipe outs yet... I know it will happen sometime. A few times I came close though...

Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thanks shino and themav! I will sleep all comfy now. sheesh. That sucks.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Let me see I was moving my bike ( by foot) onto my porch and I twisted my ankle when the patio stone slid out from underneath me and the bike went down with me falling on it. My first bike 2006 zx6r 636. Teir system no teir system. I think everyone should be reqiured too take the MSF course. I think in Florida here they are passing a law that requires everyone to take the class No matter of age or ability. I don't think starting off small is always the best Idea. Some people get to cocky and think they can handle anything.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Haven't been down on the street yet but did low side going into a corner on the track. Was trying to make a pass and went in really hot, tried to pass on the outside, and just couldn't turn enough, went off the side of the track and once I hit the dirt the bike slid out from me. Got back up, brushed the bike off and rode the rest of the day.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:59 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I went down on the freeway. I like to keep a nice gap between men and the car in front and a SUV decided to use that gap to switch lanes then lock its break in front of me. I ended up doing a stopie trying to stop in time and the back tire came up and over. Stuff happens. I got lucky and wasn't hurt bad in my acident. Not every one goes down but a good amount of people and more often then not its not going to be your fault when it does happen.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 PM

Sounds like quite a few of us have been down, myself is definitely included in that. Several times when at stop lights or waiting for a break in traffic (all when I was a newb). I went down for real once while pulling into trafficfrom an inclined driveway of a store. I gave it too much gas, pulled out into oncoming traffics lanes, went over the handlebars, and on my face. Thank goodness for my helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and jeans!!!! I wasn't hurt too bad, I thought I broke my boob though! [:@]Anyway, Igot right up, hit the killswitch and tried to get the bike up before traffic did er' in, my husband got it up for me and we walked over and waited for me to chill a minute. I got back on and rode it home, a few cosmetic things to fix, butI got up and rode again. Mybiggest problem was my height (I'm short). All this happened prior to me gettingit properly lowered for me. Ride like you gotta ride for the whole road, you do. Be safe, gear up, enjoy yourself, but keep your head on a swivel!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:45 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Riding in San francisco makes a person really tired. There are so many cages around you and your always looking around. I hate riding there. Im scared some one is going to blow a light and hit me or merge into me when i ride in san fran

Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Riding on the streets are pretty tiring. A constant mind game.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup. Us street guys have to be much smarter than those dirt guys.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hehehe, mark, nice job in the invite! Sheesh

Quick Reply: Does every biker have a crash ???