General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Cruisers vs. Sport Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cruisers vs. Sport Bikes

well you said you cant see yourself on either one. and safty is a big concern for you . why you even looking at a motorcycle bro? Cruisers are nice on long trips. sport bikes will get you p*ssy. well any bike will get you p*ssy excetp dirt. but sport bikes will get you hotter p*ssy

Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

well you said you cant see yourself on either one. and safty is a big concern for you . why you even looking at a motorcycle bro? Cruisers are nice on long trips. sport bikes will get you p*ssy. well any bike will get you p*ssy excetp dirt. but sport bikes will get you hotter p*ssy

If you classify my ride as a dirt bike thenI should probably start worrying. But if look at it as a long distance sports-bike-kinda-looking-at-some-anglesI could expect some hotp*ssy on long trips.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Sport bikes tend to get you dirtier *****.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM

Well I've always been a fan of fast cars, more into Ferraris and stuff, and I was looking at motorcycles and the fact that I can get one that goes that fast, if not faster for dirt cheap really attracted me. And I really like the look. Its just the fact that do I want to risk it? I'm not sure.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

well take the msf course before you even buy a bike trust me

Old 10-28-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's my input... A sport bike is no less safe than a cruiser. The only thing that makes them different as far as the safety issues is the attitudes of a lot of the sportbike riders. That being said, whether it's safe or not depends entirely on the rider. When you wreck a bike, it doesn't matter if you are on a sportbike or a cruiser, your body is still going to hit what the bike hits. As far as cruisers being for older people, that's not true either. I had my first cruiser before I had my first sportbike. The only true statements I've seen from your pros and cons list (other than the styling, and that's just a preference) is the fuel economy and the insurance cost. Oh yeah, and the speed.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

That is correct

Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 PM

Hmmm.. I'm not sure.

How many times have you guys crashed?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andymilner

Hmmm.. I'm not sure.

How many times have you guys crashed?
3 times...once on the 76' CB350 and twice on the 636...the last time I was able to keep the bike up and only suffered minor damages (so did the cop) ...with any of the crashes it wouldn't have matter what I was driving...well maybe if I was driving a tank the cages would have gotten out of the way... ...it really doesn't matter what version of the 2 wheels you ride...you are taking a risk that others (cages) won't see you...you just have to watch out for yourself because no one else will...

Old 10-28-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

Quick Reply: Cruisers vs. Sport Bikes