General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

cagers will get thiers!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default cagers will get thiers!!!!!

so im out riding and i kick on my blinker to turn left (i always do this far in advance and watch my mirrors to make sure that damn car is paying attention). so the blinker is on and all of a sudden i hear tires screaching i look around and dont see anything then it hits me, "ohh **** look behind". this freaking soccor mom in a mini van finally comes to a stop just in time for me to crinch my teath and tense up. she lays on her horn like it was my fault.

mind you this is the second time that day that someone hit the horn and scared the crap out of me because the didnt see me.

so what do i do about it, at this point with all the addrenaline and the fact it was the second time got me so pissed off, i calmly put it in neutral (in the middle of traffic, with like 10 cars behind her) put the kick stand down, turned around on the seat gave her 2 magnificant birdies, got off my bike walked to her front windshield, and pointed at my still flashing blinker.

all of this and she still has that look on her face like i almost endangered her kids or something.

god i wish bikes were the size of cars and cars the size of bikes, then we would show them.

fu#$ing dip****s!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: cagers will get thiers!!!!!

i hear ya bro.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

At least you put her in her place! Right on![8D]

Old 10-09-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I bet you scared those kids in the back!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
1st Gear Member

unreal. if there were as many morons ridin motorcycles as therere are drivin cars there would be three times as many accidents

Old 10-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

should of hit her with a lead pipe

Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 PM
1st Gear Member

That's why I worry about my wife riding. It isn't her that I question, it's these other idiots. Motorcycles are in my blood, and I've passed that on to my boys. I tell you what though, that's why I'm going to worry when my boys get old enough to ride on the street.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:38 PM
1st Gear Member

How about cars cutting in front of you, now that counts as no. 1 on my list. Someone here said once that you have to ride like all around you are out to get you killed. Like rocketrotary said I would be worried too if someone I love was riding, especially if I wasn't around. I didn't let my fiancee ride a scooter cause I was too scared she'd get hurt (what an irony...)

Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Sup_Uni, I really applaud your self-control; EXCELLENT response!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM

I hear you. I am new to riding and my first time out I got passed with like 6 inches to spare. I read a study before done by a Canadian researcher who found you are more likely to get passed closely if you are wearing a helmet. In his studies he did himself. He got hit 2wice when he had his helmet on but never when he had it off. He came to the conclusion drivers assumer you're a good rider if you have a helmet on and they relax and don't take proper precautions.

Way to go with stopping traffic though.

My buddy recently was downed by a ditz who cut to his inside when he was going to turn right. I still blame him a little though because he didn't look over his shoulder.

I know I'm new but my method is turn singal, look, flash brakes, look again this time pointing the direction I'm turning and if numb nuts behind me doesn't seem to me slowing... I'll ****in' skip a turn. And wait until a better oportunity.

Treat them all like they have the brains of a three year old.

Quick Reply: cagers will get thiers!!!!!