General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Anyone going to bike week in Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Default Anyone going to bike week in Daytona

I was just wondering how many of you are going to bike week this year. Since I live about 20 miles away from Daytona, I usually go every year. I know there are still a lot of Harley riders out there that think bike week is only for Harley's...but it seems to me that more and more street bikes are showing up.

Anyways, just wanted to get a general opinion about bike week. Do you think it's still too geared towards Harley's etc., Would you go if you had the chance?

Old 02-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anyone going to bike week in Daytona

harley's are cool... but i would have to go with street bikes... i've always wanted to go to bike week,... i've seen it on tv and always wondered how it would be like... i wish i could go[&o]

Old 02-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Harley's are nice bikes, it's just sometimes during bikeweek/biketoberfest, you get these guys on Harley's that think street bikes shouldn't participate in the festivities.

I really enjoy seeing all the different bikes. I don't understand why these guys/gals get so upset when they see a streetbike. By no means am I saying all of the Harley riders are like that, the vast majority are cool...but there are those select few who don't respect you just because you're not on a Harley.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I wish i could go. that would rock but alas i live all the way up in PA looks like i just have to wait for all the motorcycle rallies to start up here.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Just show up and use your common sense to stay away from some of those "Serious" lets say, harley riders. Especially during a beach party. I have seen a Jap bike become part of the Camp Fire one time. Otherwise you are good. Enjoy

Old 02-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Go to daytona and enjoy it but like your but just like dragon said use common sense avoid the serious riders and just enjoy with the people who go for the real reason the sole purpose of just enjoying the common mototcycle

Old 02-20-2006, 06:37 PM

When is Bike week? I used to live on the east coast (NC) but for the love of me can't remember what time frame it is. Who all plans to make it, maybe we can all link up and watch each other's backs while we're down there?

Old 03-05-2006, 04:18 PM

I should be heading down for the last weekend of it. The dates are Mar3-10 "officially" though it runs through the 12th. I go down every year on a sport bike and have had no problems, just don't go to places that the more "serious" harley guys hang out at (boot hill saloon or whatever its name is) and you will be fine. I usually hang out near the track and do demo rides, look at all the new gear and go to the races rathern than be down on mainstreet getting drunk and looking at the 400,000 Harley's but that is just me

Old 03-06-2006, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm heading up there next Friday - Sunday. It's not quite as crowded then as the beginning.

I've been to Bikeweek once before and to Biketoberfest twice. I like Biketoberfest better. About 1/2 as many people. I don't see a reason for staying the whole week. Just how much drinking and partying can a human do in a week.

I've been to Boothill on Main St. and the Iron Horse in Ormond Beach and never had any problems. Hell I've parked in between Harleys. Talk about a turd in the punch bowl. A lime green Kawi in the middle of a sea of oil leakers.

Most don't care what you ride. That fact that you ride is enough. There are a few that give you a ration about riding a Jap bike. When they do, you tell them that half the parts on their Harley's are Japanese.

For the most part it's fun. You get to see a lot of vendors, although they are geared to Harleys, a lot of people, and just get to cut loose.