General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Another speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another speeding ticket

it helps keep the brake fluid cool.
ORIGINAL: OMalley912

Nice set up? what's up with the everlast wristband? just curious, going to the gym?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

it helps keep the brake fluid cool.
ORIGINAL: OMalley912

Nice set up? what's up with the everlast wristband? just curious, going to the gym?
Wrong! Its pimp factor [sm=pimp.gif]lol. Race bikes use them to catch any leaky brake fluid from finding its way down to the front rotors.

The Bracket was a spyder and it is attached to the clipon. It was a great set up and the wireless led alert was the best.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

why not get a master cylnder that don't leak crap all over the place. that sounds pimp to me

Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

No kiddin' hoe..never would of thought of that. Mind if I pimp out mine like the Hoedogg? Bling!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

The wrist bands help keep the fluid fresh. UV light breaks down break fluid over time. So by keeping it cover you extend the life of the fluid.

On topic. It sucks you got a ticket. I try to watch my self as much as I can. With an A class lic you can't go to traffic school if you get a ticket.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Notstock ...................................Spyder ????????????????? could you please elaborate a little on this ? where can I find this ?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

HD , your at it again, nice nice, could have been worse,

Old 08-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Spider Mountits a good set up another good link for finding radar stuff

The Radar was a great set up and under normal street riding; it prevented me from getting many tickets. I never was issued any tickets after I started using it. [/b]
[/b]
Mid you that if your going 120 you may not be able to slow down in time especially if they are using instant on radar but most of the time the detector alerts you to a signal ½ mile up the road where the LEO's are checking other vehicles thus giving you plenty of time to slow down. [/b]

As far as the wristband, it prevents fluid from leaking out of the reservoir. Under constant hard braking fluid can be pushed out of the cap and drop down on the front rotor. [/b]
All or I should say most brake reservoirs are UV rated so covering them to protect the fluid id unnecessary. Besides, if they were not all of them would be turning crap yellow after a year or so.[/b]
[/b]

Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well peeps just finished my on-line traffic school for my ticket, and let me tell you it is the best way to go it's real easy "even if you do it your self"but it beats sitting in some smelly room with a bunch of who knows whats. sitting in yiour own home at your pace. it's the way!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:06 PM

only problem with the detectors is once it goes off from the radar hit he already has you.

Quick Reply: Another speeding ticket