General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

250 and other bike meets...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Default 250 and other bike meets...

I will be getting my ninja 250 soon and want to know in the Los Angeles area are there any 250 clubs or meets, also i was on the freeway last night and saw like over 100 bikes but they were all like 600's and up. After i got off i saw a couple of riders at the gas station and they told me that it was bike night at Friscoe's resturaunt in city of industry. So my 2nd ? is when it comes to meets like this is it open to everyone just to hang out and have fun or if i go there when i get my 250 will everyone look at me like what are you doing here.

Thanks,

Old 05-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 250 and other bike meets...

Around here, if you want to meet up with other riders, there are usually specific places to find them at. Open to everyone that wants to join in - but they definately don't cater to each person's riding ability. When heading out and joining in on something like this - you have got to be careful about not outriding your capabilities. Since I don't have a lot of experience riding, I either go alone or with my dad. That way I'm never tempted to keep up with the pack.

I'm sure you'll meet a handfull of people that will look at your 250 and have the attitude that you don't belong........but you'll meet more people that will respect the fact that you are on two wheels, just like them, regardless of what you are driving.

Good luck, I hope you meet up with some nice people to hang and ride with. Just remember, don't outride your capabilities, just to keep up.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:24 PM

Thanks, alot for the feedback and thge safety tips about not outriding myself, because i can imagine it will be easy to get into alot of trouble trying to keep up with a pack out of my league.
ORIGINAL: bluebird

Around here, if you want to meet up with other riders, there are usually specific places to find them at. Open to everyone that wants to join in - but they definately don't cater to each person's riding ability. When heading out and joining in on something like this - you have got to be careful about not outriding your capabilities. Since I don't have a lot of experience riding, I either go alone or with my dad. That way I'm never tempted to keep up with the pack.

I'm sure you'll meet a handfull of people that will look at your 250 and have the attitude that you don't belong........but you'll meet more people that will respect the fact that you are on two wheels, just like them, regardless of what you are driving.

Good luck, I hope you meet up with some nice people to hang and ride with. Just remember, don't outride your capabilities, just to keep up.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Hawwk11

Thanks, alot for the feedback and thge safety tips about not outriding myself, because i can imagine it will be easy to get into alot of trouble trying to keep up with a pack out of my league.
I just find with large groups, they tend to forget that they may have some new riders with them. They generally end up setting the pace too fast.

You could pop down there sometime and chat with some of the riders - who knows, maybe some of them are newer riders too! Might meet some folks to ride with.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:06 PM

Thanks, BB...
ORIGINAL: bluebird

ORIGINAL: Hawwk11

I just find with large groups, they tend to forget that they may have some new riders with them. They generally end up setting the pace too fast.

You could pop down there sometime and chat with some of the riders - who knows, maybe some of them are newer riders too! Might meet some folks to ride with.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Good advice bluebird. Group rides are just that. Some are fast and some enjoy the scenery. Ride your own pace. You will know if you like that group or not in the first few minutes on meeting. Example, cruised with some bmw's and goldwings, etc a couple of weeks ago. Real nice people and they did not frown on my ride any. I am a little aggressive at times with my riding, mentioned that to them and all was cool. Got my adrenaline rushing once during that ride. 185mph, pulled over then I was able to cruise with the rest of them. Most groups are great people. Just ride within your comfy area and have fun.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:39 PM

Cool, thanks alot Drag1...
ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Good advice bluebird. Group rides are just that. Some are fast and some enjoy the scenery. Ride your own pace. You will know if you like that group or not in the first few minutes on meeting. Example, cruised with some bmw's and goldwings, etc a couple of weeks ago. Real nice people and they did not frown on my ride any. I am a little aggressive at times with my riding, mentioned that to them and all was cool. Got my adrenaline rushing once during that ride. 185mph, pulled over then I was able to cruise with the rest of them. Most groups are great people. Just ride within your comfy area and have fun.