Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Military Spec Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:07 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Military Spec Jacket

As I mentioned already, AGV has silver reflective material sewn in their suits.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah bro thanks for the info.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Intake Jacket• Armor-Link Mesh material and 600 Denier Carbolex® combine with 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester in the impact areas creating a well-ventilated garment that provides exceptional protection.
• Comfortable, mandarin-style collar.
• 360° Phoslite® reflective piping and Tour Master´s signature reflective rear triangle help increase nighttime visibility.
• The Microfiber lined collar and cuffs are soft yet durable.
• Adjustable, elastic and snap sleeve take-up straps at the forearm and bicep help secure elbow armor and material.
• Removable, CE Approved armor at the elbow and shoulder with an articulated Triple Density back protector
• Includes Tour Master´s removable, Two-Stage Aqua-Therm® liner. The first stage is a waterproof/windproof liner and the insulated second stage can be added for increased warmth.
• Zippered chest map pocket, hand warmer pockets, internal pouch pocket and mobile media pocket.
• Adjustable waist belts, with TPR pulls help fine tune the fit.
• Includes a jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side included.
• Available Mens colors: Black, Silver/Dk Silver, White/Dk Silver, Red/Silver, Blue/Silver
• Available Mens Tall colors: Black, Silver/Dk Silver
• Available Ladies colors: Black, Silver/Dk Silver, White/Dk Silver, Lt Blue/Silver
• Available Mens sizes:XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, XXXXL
• Available Mens Tall sizes: MT, LT, XLT, XXLT, XXXLT
• Available Ladies sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL [/align][/align]

Colors[*][*][*][*][*][*]
[ul][/ul]
Adjustable Strap[*] Removable Liner[*] Cuff Adjustment
[ul][/ul]
Recommended Conditions for This Gear[*][*][*][*]
[ul][/ul]

Old 01-12-2007, 10:31 PM

The Jacket above (the Cortech version) is what I use on base and all around. Mine is sivler, white and black. It has alot of refectiveness and I have never had a problem. DODI 6055.4 and AFI 91-207 state that the color of reflective/contrasting color has to be international orange, lemon-lime or red, so maybe you should paint your bike to match those colors. Anyhow, alot of people I know choose not to ride because the the rules, even though they are gay sounding they are all very practical and easy, just not fashionable. I had to take an oath when i was about 10yrs old to ATGATT before I was allowed to ride. So the AF rules don't bother me at all. Yes your headlight and taillight are there for the "I see you" reason but don't kid yourself into thinking that's all you need. Make sure you check the local AFI sups to see if there are any base or command specific criteria. They might not be as bad and it always pays to know the reg, that way you can burn people that talk sh*t....... Anyway, I love my jacket and it has a lot of reflective piping. I throw the ICON MIL-SPEC vest on my backpack just to make sure I am seen from behind (lot of old people down here).

Old 02-14-2007, 01:49 AM

icon has their reflectve.. it is yellow, with silver contrasts. 45$, they come with plenty of pocketspace.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

After noticing every single rider with a yellow vest of some nature the other day it struck me that they are really effective. I picked up the icon mil spec because I like the looks of it, and it doesn't exactly look like something a bicyclist with matching hotpants would wear, nor something to use while blocking traffic. Looks pretty good with my jacket, I'll try to get pictures as my digital camera is in full effect now!