Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Military Spec Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Military Spec Jacket

Well bro i'm gonna get outta here ride safe.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

icon make s a military spec vest specifically for peeps like you check out http://rideicon.com/

Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

hey, where the hell you been man ?

Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

works been killer lately and i've been interviewing for a couple other positions trying to get out of the department im in. but its kinda caling down now so hopefully i can bo on here more. hows everything been man?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

hope you get in a different department man. glad to see your still around. things are bad right now but hopefully will be better. ill explain later.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 AM

Hey don't know if you have found a jacket yet, but i'm an MP all most of the civilians and soldiers just go buy an extra PT Reflective Belt and throw it one over their jacket. what i did was just got some Reflective Sportbike Kits from Tapeworks and the Post Sgt Major just looked at the bike and said "Nice Job"

Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 AM

ORIGINAL: AirmanAllen

I think my bike has headlights and a taillight for a reason. They should give off the "I can see you look" I just don't like the icon vest and am trying to find a jacket that has reflective strips built into it. It's a pain to wear the vest cause then i need to wear a backpack to put it in when i ride home and the sun has came up so i'll have it at home to wear the next morning.

Well sounds like you are more into being a poser then being safe. If you thing that your headlights and taillights are going to make you seen, just remember that all bikes have this on and the still are "NOT SEEN." You already say you have to wear a backpack so carrying the vest wont be a problem. I think people forget the reality of safety when all they think about is matching to their bikes.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:09 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mp_gohl

Hey don't know if you have found a jacket yet, but i'm an MP all most of the civilians and soldiers just go buy an extra PT Reflective Belt and throw it one over their jacket. what i did was just got some Reflective Sportbike Kits from Tapeworks and the Post Sgt Major just looked at the bike and said "Nice Job"
On most bases a reflective belt doesn't cut it...they specify reflective "gear" as in a jacket...they won't let you through with a reflective belt... ...I just through the Icon vest over my jacket...they see me whether they want to or not...

Old 12-06-2006, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Odimus

[On most bases a reflective belt doesn't cut it...they specify reflective "gear" as in a jacket...they won't let you through with a reflective belt... ...I just through the Icon vest over my jacket...they see me whether they want to or not...
EXACTLY!!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow "poser" hmmm all i wanted to know was if anybody knew of a jacket that had armor and reflective material integrated that would be an alternative to wearing a reflective vest. I quess if thats what a "poser" is then i am one. People get pulled out in front of in broad daylight all the time. If someone's not paying attention then they're not paying attention and nothing you do can help that. Reflective materials might help but what wrong with having a jacket with them that matches my bike?
ORIGINAL: Remo

ORIGINAL: AirmanAllen

I think my bike has headlights and a taillight for a reason. They should give off the "I can see you look" I just don't like the icon vest and am trying to find a jacket that has reflective strips built into it. It's a pain to wear the vest cause then i need to wear a backpack to put it in when i ride home and the sun has came up so i'll have it at home to wear the next morning.

Well sounds like you are more into being a poser then being safe. If you thing that your headlights and taillights are going to make you seen, just remember that all bikes have this on and the still are "NOT SEEN." You already say you have to wear a backpack so carrying the vest wont be a problem. I think people forget the reality of safety when all they think about is matching to their bikes.

Quick Reply: Military Spec Jacket