Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Military Spec Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Military Spec Jacket

Hey guys i'm looking for a new jacket that matches my bike. It's an 05 Tatanium 636. The problem is that i ride to the base a lot and i need a jacket that passes the military specs. It has to have reflective material integrated into it for the hours of darkness and also has to be contrasting for when it's light out. Just wondering if any of yall have run across anything. I could just buy a jacket i like and wear a reflective vest over it but that's not really the look i'm goin for on the bike. Thanks guys

Old 11-11-2006, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Military Spec Jacket

i saw one in motorcyclist this month that meets your needs, but it was like 650 bucks. do all military bases have these rules?

Old 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

You can try tourmaster jakets they have the retro reflective striping on them. Don't know about the military specs but it might be worth looking into.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

The army now offers their own motorcycle jackets.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:30 AM

i have the jackets that i want (mostly blue) and when i have to ride on base when the sun is down, i put on the icon vest over it. what "look" are you going for? how about the "i can see you!" look.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah most Active Duty bases require these standards and a lot of the Guard and Reserve bases are bein pushed to conform with the rules too.
ORIGINAL: walight01

i saw one in motorcyclist this month that meets your needs, but it was like 650 bucks. do all military bases have these rules?

Old 11-12-2006, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I think my bike has headlights and a taillight for a reason. They should give off the "I can see you look" I just don't like the icon vest and am trying to find a jacket that has reflective strips built into it. It's a pain to wear the vest cause then i need to wear a backpack to put it in when i ride home and the sun has came up so i'll have it at home to wear the next morning.

ORIGINAL: Remo

i have the jackets that i want (mostly blue) and when i have to ride on base when the sun is down, i put on the icon vest over it. what "look" are you going for? how about the "i can see you!" look.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I noticed that the AGV jackets have sewn in reflectors.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Remo

this is how my buddy does it too.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Travis is a pain!!! My jacket is just about bomb proof, but because it doesn't contrast with my bike I am not allowed to wear it on base during hours of darkness. I'm not about to buy another jacket so I just picked up an Icon vest to wear over the jacket to keep them pacified...it's not that bad...I like the ID holder on front...

Quick Reply: Military Spec Jacket