Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Discontinued Gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Default Discontinued Gear

I don't know if anybody else has posted about this, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Just like everybody else out there I'm always trying to find my gear for the lowest price through all these websites. I went to the Kawasaki websiteand a lot of their gear is now at a discontinued price. I just ordered the Joe Rocket Textile Superstock Jacket for $109, which normally goes for $200-$220 depending on the site. Just thought I'd put that out there if anybody is looking for some cheap gear.

Ride Safe!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Discontinued Gear

thanx for the heads up!!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats where I got my stuff last year

Old 01-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Yeah, I plan to stock up on some gear while I can find it cheap. Told the girlfriend about my new jacket ideas and she wasn't crazy about it since I just got a new one. But I told her ya gotta have different jackets for different riding conditions. I don't care... I'm getting the jackets.
Anybody out there got the Ninja Perforated Jacketfrom the Kawi website? Any input would be appreciated on that jacket!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yeah. See how your girlfriend feels when your gear saves your butt. Like she doesn't probably have 20 pair of the same kinds of shoes???
No offense, but I really take issue when people think they know better than me what I need. You're exactly right; different conditions require different gear. Period.
No experience with the Ninja perf jacket, but I'd like to have one in green......

Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I have the mesh armored jacket. Feels like a football jersey with armor.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i ride neckid, j/k i only wear leather no matter what the riding conditions are. sometimes full armor with a sweat shirt over it.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: jeffzx9

Yeah. See how your girlfriend feels when your gear saves your butt. Like she doesn't probably have 20 pair of the same kinds of shoes???
No offense, but I really take issue when people think they know better than me what I need. You're exactly right; different conditions require different gear. Period.
No experience with the Ninja perf jacket, but I'd like to have one in green......
Yeah, I went ahead and ordered the jacket and told her about it. I'm pretty excited to check this jacket out, but she was all, "you've got two other jackets in the closet and you can only wear one at a time." I reminded her her that different riding conditions require different gear and you can't put a price on protection! That pretty much ended that conversation. She wasn't mad or anything bc she has no reason... i make my own money! Aside from that... I'll post a review about the jacket when I get it in.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:21 PM

Alright, I got my jacket in yesterday. It's awesome. It's my first leather motorcycle jacket. It's a lil stiff, but with time it will break in. It does have armor. The elbow, forearm, and shoulder armor is really hard, not like the soft stuff in a lot of jackets. The back armor is a bit on the flimsy side, but nothing that can't be fixed. Overall its a great looking leather jacket. I got a feeling it will be the ultimate spring jacket with all the ventilation it has. Oh, and the back riser looks pretty sick (in a good way). Def. worth the $150 in my opinion.

You can find it on the Kawi website as the "PERF NINJA JKT"

Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 AM

Is there a pocket in the back to utilize the optional Joe Rocket spine protector?

Thanks,

Al

Quick Reply: Discontinued Gear