DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your bike as told by your fellow members.

PA System and Police Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Default PA System and Police Lights

Hello, I am buying a 2010 Bayou and wondering if its possible to install a PA System and Police Lights to it. If anyone has experience with this or with knowledge of this, please tell me if its possible. If anyone has any sites with good lights and pa systems that would be great. I was planning on using lights from extreme tatical dynamics. I was going to get 2 dual lights and a power box to control the lights from. Please reply with information.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

No real experience with the Bayou, but just a few uneducated thoughts: Might want to consider running a double-battery set-up or somehow beefing the charging system. I would do a power assessment to determine how much extra you'll be needing/using regardless of what brand(s) you use. Might also consider how the added weight/structure will (possibly) affect handling. If the PA you speak of is a simple CB radio type, that's different than a mobile DJ scratching vinyl with mega-watt columns and a mirror ball. (Hey, people use their ATV's in some pretty unique ways...) I'm guessing yours will be a SWAT-type tac vehicle?
Good luck!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
No real experience with the Bayou, but just a few uneducated thoughts: Might want to consider running a double-battery set-up or somehow beefing the charging system. I would do a power assessment to determine how much extra you'll be needing/using regardless of what brand(s) you use. Might also consider how the added weight/structure will (possibly) affect handling. If the PA you speak of is a simple CB radio type, that's different than a mobile DJ scratching vinyl with mega-watt columns and a mirror ball. (Hey, people use their ATV's in some pretty unique ways...) I'm guessing yours will be a SWAT-type tac vehicle?
Good luck!
Yeah it would be something like that. Also, the PA system is a little CB radio type and so all of it shouldnt be that extra weight added on if I dont add an extra battery

Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

You never know; you might make some pretty good money with a mobile DJ rig in the backwoods.......