DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your bike as told by your fellow members.

Carbon Fiber Tank pad, Gas Cap Trim & Triple clamp trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Carbon Fiber Tank pad, Gas Cap Trim & Triple clamp trim

Another one of the Gas Cap Trim.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1485/8C65D4A49FA14D5F80C9DCF953930DD8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2007, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

that gas cap looks sweet i wana buy that or even cf sticker sheet to do my dashboard gauge area but i havnt figured out how to make a template that i can transfer mabe stick down some contact paper cut it out , lift it off and try to transfer to sticker. wife bought me a cf gas cap for x-mas it was fragile dropped the outer ring on the kitchen floor and it went poof into 3 pieces think i repace that REAL cf for the progrip carbon gas cover like a flexible clearcoat sticker like my tankpad and the edges are beveled so there is no lip sticking up. really liked what you did looks great anyone got ideas to help make a template for gauge area i bought my tripleclamp one premade just peel and stick

Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

also you think that could work for the ram air scoop or to many curves cuz i think that would look sweeeeet but i dont want to b able to see seams where i had to piece it all together. there is a place next door to me that makes vinyl stickers and graphics for cars and such mabe i pay them a visit and see what they can do. front fender? bellypan? i love the look of carbon but the price outragous and they dont make to many parts for the zx9 or i cant find em

Old 04-02-2007, 06:22 AM
1st Gear Member

carbon always looks good but im kind of tired of it on my bike. just gonna paint over it.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:18 AM
1st Gear Member

that looks really good speed! I need to do that on my triple its getting all worn from my keys.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xyz1000rr

also you think that could work for the ram air scoop or to many curves cuz i think that would look sweeeeet but i dont want to b able to see seams where i had to piece it all together. there is a place next door to me that makes vinyl stickers and graphics for cars and such mabe i pay them a visit and see what they can do. front fender? bellypan? i love the look of carbon but the price outragous and they dont make to many parts for the zx9 or i cant find em
Use some card stock to make a template. I bought the cheap Carbon look one and used it as a template. The CF sheet I got isnt very flexible but just enough to do me triple clamps and flat surfaces. It doesn't wanna lay flat at the bends very well. I may have to re design the tank pad. Look on ebay for the Carbon Fiber sheet that's .015" thick or less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1

Also look op MadDevelopements on ebay for ZX9 CF stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/zx6r-carbon-fibr...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks i love this forum

Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM

http://www.oppracing.comthese guys have tons of carbon fiber, but as ou said, expensive and i dont think they have anything for the zx9. buta good source for any carbon fiber stuff.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I have been looking for some Flexible REAL Carbon fiber that can go around corners & bends and finally found some. I am going to be the distributor for a company that makes Flexible REAL Carbon Fiber Decal/ Applique for putting on gas caps, tanks, fairings, even 05-06 ZX6R upper triple clamps. I'll be posting pics of what's available and they have a piece of square material that you can easily cut your own out from. It can go around bends and corners! Amazing! Let me know if you're interested. I have pre-cut gas cap appliques for the 5 holeZX6R cap's. I have a bunch on order. They are a little on the pricey side but if you want real Carbon Fiber, this is the stuff!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Cool! Put me on the mailing list.
(Go to My Profile and send e-mail, if you like..)

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Tank pad, Gas Cap Trim & Triple clamp trim