DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your bike as told by your fellow members.

Aftermarket Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Default Aftermarket Parts

Hello my name is Chirs and I'm new to this bike forum. I never joined one and I was hoping someone can assist me with a couple of newbie questions. I just purchased a new 2007 250. I live here in San diego and I would like to know if anyone can help me with

1) Fender eliminator Kit, installation and where I can bring it for installation?

2) I would like to take out the turn signals and put flush mounted ones.

3) I would like to take out the mirrors and put the handle bar ones. I don't know where I can purchase a cover to put over holes when I take out the mirrors?

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Aftermarket Parts

First off Welcome to KF, #1 many types of fender eliminators out there, Shop around, check out other riders rides for idea on how they look. Do it yourself or if you are not mechanically inclined, check for a good mechanic, or lastly go to your stealership. #2 same response as before. #3 blockoff plates are sold online at most bike sites or Ebay. Take your time and research which ones you want, sometimes you may have to pay a little more for quality, good luck on your search.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Aftermarket Parts

^+1 Monorail. Probably the 2nd best experience of owning a bike is developing mechanical skills. You can do the fender mod and the other two, with some simple hand tools. You just joined a Kawasaki forum (!!)where many of us have likely done the exact mods you're speaking of. Shop around for a good eliminator kit, and see what some of the other posters have to say; some just fit better than others.
My only advice about bar-end mirrors, is that they move when you move your bars. Some folks like 'em, some don't. I find them annoying and unsafe, but that's my own 35 years of riding experience.
Welcome to the forums. Be persistent with questions (if at first you don't succeed). Many of us have seen the same questions ad nauseum. You may want to try a topic search, too. Sometimes, you just gotta jump in. We can rescue just about anyone.
Most importantly, ride safe.