Mean Streak owners please respond

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Default RE: Mean Streak owners please respond

I own a 2004 Suzuki Marauder 1600 which is the same bike except for some styling differences. I love it. Turns on a dime, plenty of power, and looks damn good. I installed Bub's Jugs, Kuryakyn pro series hypercharger, and a power commander, which gives it a nice deep rumble that you can still talk over while at a idle. I've had it up to 130mph with no vibrations or wobbling and the bike still wanted to keep going.Have about 10k miles and have had no problems with engine or brake noises. Hope it continues. Go test drive one and if you like it, buy it.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 AM

I can pretty much bet your handling issues are due to the crappy Bridgestone tires the bike comes with. You might want to try Avons. Mine handles like a dream.I have to agree with you about the stock seat though. But then again, not too many factory seats are worth much on a long ride anyway. And forward cotrols might be a good idea for you too. I'm only 5'5", 160#s, and I find the riding position comfortable so I'd recommend at least 4 inches and new tires and you should be able to correct your issues.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:15 AM

I bought an 06 last April. Got around 6500 mi on her so far. Upgraded the power and styleder the way I like with Hard Chrome 3" straights, Power Commander, K&N filter in the stock airbox. Reliable, quick, looks hot and sounds bad. Dress er up with the removable leather bags, sissy bar, and windshield and hit the road for a few hours of performance straight line driving, or zip around a few twisties.Always comfortable, always stops on a dime whenwildlife tries to get too close and personal,and always easy to handle as long as you have paved or at least hardroads. The engine is much cooler since I dumped the catalytic converter box too.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM
G

I own an 02 meanie and have loved it since the moment I took her for a test ride. Rock solid on the road, turns great, brakes to die for (as far as cruisers go) experiment with different brands of pads for noise/performance, just needs some more power (I'm thinking about the 95" kit & exhaust, I have a BAK and TFI fuel controller). I originally went to the store to check out a Honda 1100. It didn't turn well, vibrated excessively, and had no power. I decided that if V-twins were like this I didn't really want one. My girlfriend suggested that I test ride the MS to compare. I had never been a big Kaw fan growing up with Suzuki dirt bikes and then an '81 gs750 as my first transpo. Back to MS talk, I ride 2up ontrips that have been as far away as Las Vegas/Grand Canyon/Zion NP. The biggest gripe I've had is with tires. Sport bike tires wont last. I've averaged about 7k on the three sets I've shoed her with. AVON came out with a model called "storm" this last time around and they have been great tires. Fully loaded, 2-up, and riding aggressively eats tires. The last rear tire that I had changed amazed the tech. He hasn't seen tires worn that high on the sides on most track bikes. He said that I must play pretty hard, I can only agree. The Mean Streak is a blast to ride. If you are going to ride long haul there are a few modifications I couldn't live without. SEAT- I love my Mustang and my fender fluff said "no way to the pillion pad", WINDSHIELD- nice when it's pouring rain/ neccessary when going 80mph(+)for long time, there are other parts that are personnal comfort items that depend on your height, weight, etc...and then there are the parts for looks! I'm interested in the GMAN INDUSTRIES - GTank, an auxillary fuel tank that goes where the "goat udder" sits in front of the rear tire. I'm hoping they will make a tank for the Mean Streak. Nothing worse than going across Nevada and finding the gas stations closed and about 100 miles apart! Good luck in your search, the Mean Streak isn't for everyone-thank god! You can still be an individual and not just one of the masses. G

Old 11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

the meanstreak is the cruiser i'm looking for next year. but it'll definately need a seat swap if my wife is going to get on the back willingly.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:38 PM

It's not about the value (price vs product). It's about the quality of the product. I looked at several bikes before settling for my '06 Streak. Some captured my interest for a whileincluding the Harley Fatboy and the Yamaha Raiderbut what finally sold me on the Streak was what I read about it in this and other formats. They're all good bikes but if you want one that is fun to ride, reliable in all driving conditions, easy to maintain, looks hot, runs great, and is easily convertable from street rod to a comfortable long distance cruiser this is the bike to own. Then toss in the fact that it is about half the price of the Fatboy and the deal was sealed for me. The only low point for me would be milage (35-42 mpg vs 45-50 for my buds on Harleys). With a few hundred dollars in upgrades it looks better, performs better, sounds as good, and is way more reliable than their bikes. Hope this helps.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:41 PM
1st Gear Member

good info to know

Old 02-18-2008, 12:32 AM

hav 05 streak w,pipes, power comander and kn filterruns strong as hell luv it

Old 03-29-2008, 10:45 PM

HI I HAVE AN 04 1600CC MEAN STREAK
ride lastyear engine blown ? looking to replace engine its in the shop in hunt 4 engine
PARTS NEEDED R D SHAFT CONNECTING ROD REAR
OR SHOULLD I JUST BY NEW ENGINE
3RD YEAR RIDING I DONT KNOW MUCH OTHER THAN I SHUOLD HAVE BEEN RIDINGMY WHOLE LIFE

Quick Reply: Mean Streak owners please respond