Mean Streak owners please respond

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Default RE: Mean Streak owners please respond

I was thinking of trying that too.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:09 AM

I used the Dobeck Techlusion but only because I installed a Hypercharger along with the Bubs. I do know a couple of guys who installed pipes without changing the computer with no apparent problems. As far as removing the cat, I have seen pics of it done online but I don't remember where. I did however remove the baffles from my stock pipes and had no driveability issues. It sounded pretty decent too. I just wanted more. And let me tell you one thing, if you like the power of this bike stock, adding pipes, hypercharger and computer turn it into an absolute animal.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM

I'm hoping for a power commander for fathers day. Then I might gut my catalitic converter.I can't find any pipes in flat black.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:51 AM

If you do find some let me know.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:18 PM

Well I got my power commander, works great, pretty easy to install. Revs alot faster, bike feels lighter. For $260 great investment.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Don't know if you have purchased your meanstreak, but I had a 2005 (black). Beautiful bike, good performance, but not earth shaterring. Did not like the center of gravity. Seemed to be forward of center
and required more concentration to ride. Also a lot of engine vibration at higher speeds. Ended up selling
and just purchased a Kaw 900 N classic (almost $3,000 less). If you like the custom look, check out the
900 Custom. Either way, the 900 has plenty of power for a mid-cruiser and is a better ride.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:34 AM

I bought a 2006 Meanstreak in Dec. i now have about 2500 miles on it. It is simply the most uncomfortable bike i have ever owned. The seat sucks if your on it over an hour. I put risers on the drag bar but that didnt help. IM 6'1" and 220# and i realize that the bike needs the addition of forward controls to suit my leg length.

In addition the gas mileage sucks big time. on the road it is excellent at about 40 to 45 mpg. but the minute you get into traffic it drops to 17-24 mpg. the dealers response after replacing a faulty speed sensor was that i was doing the math wrong. Add to that a consistent lifter tap at 2200 rpm and up under light throttle.

IM finding that this bike doesnt handle well at all. straight line is excellent, but it steers like the front wheel is made of chewing gum. you cant wheel this baby around in traffic comfortably.

I formerly rode a honda shadow spirit 1100. comfortable, nimble and reliable runner. at 62k trouble free miles i decided to step up to a more powerful bike. much as as I love the looks of the Meanstreak i would not buy another one.

IM taking it to LA end of month. Im going to have to get a cushion for the seat or ill be in hell. I expect to put about 3-4 k miles on it in about 10 days max. ill add more when i get back

Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 AM

I love my 07'. It could use some more power but that will come. The handling is great, I have no issues with traffic. It is also very comfortable for me and I am 6'1" 190 lbs. Just finished a 700km trip in 1 day and didn't feel bad. It was great except the fuel milage isn't to great. I get about 200km or 124miles before the light comes on. It is almost at 5000km and the milage is getting a little better. The only issue I'm having is the brakes squeel bad and the dealer won't do anything about it.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 AM

I have a 2003 Mean Streak and put on the 3" Big Straights from Hard Krome. I get a lot of compliments on the sound of it. I did have to install a Power Commander. Mine just wouldn't run on the stock MAP.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:25 AM

just finished a 6 day roundtrip Seattle to LA . gas mileage ok--40-45. power good smooth and responsive. ran steadily in 80-90 mph range. with the new mustang seat it was much more comfortable than the stock seat.
I'm now up to 6k miles and have a lot of scalloping on the front tire. and the chewing gum feel at lower speeds in the front end is worse. must be the tire. brakes are still noisy on the front end, but stop well.

good road cruiser. good power through gears and at upper end im 6'1" and legs are a little cramped needs controls moved forward

Quick Reply: Mean Streak owners please respond