Any Nomad Riders Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 AM
ALF
Default RE: Any Nomad Riders Out There?

I sort of followed the bookadvise on break-in, it wasn't to bad. I too went from a c50t to the Nomad. Keep in mind you doubled the engine size and added only a third more weight. My mpg is only 33 to 36, I do miss the 48 to 50. Got 1100 miles on it, it may do better later.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:42 PM

James.

I've modified my05, 1600Nomad with Vance & Hines Bagger Exhaust, Duel K&N breathers, Block Off Plates, After Market Fuel & Ignition Systems with settings you can set with a screw driver and some extra body mods. My Nomad has increased it's power band significantly, But as with all power increases i've lost about 4MPG from running a richer mixture. "A VERY SMALL TRADE OFF FOR THE POWER GAIN". Anyway... i'm having fun with the bike! Good luck and always ride for the " SUNSETS".[:-]

Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Is that what you guys are getting for MPG with the 1600's, 33 to 35 MPG?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 PM

I ride a 2006 Nomad with a pc III , V&H's baggers with a Thunder intake and Dragtron II air breather.
35 MPG.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 PM

I just bought a 2004 Nomad with 856 miles on it.
Does anyone know what the break in procedures are for this.
I'm sure the original owner never took it back to a dealer or anything.
I changed the engine oil and filter and I changed diff. fluid.
Not sure if anything needs to be done to the motor,etc. ???

Sirloin

Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM

I've put 14m+ miles on my "05 Nomad running V&H baggers, Cobra FI2000R processor, and a Cadmanintake kit(see VROC.org) I'm running Mobile 1 v-twin oil and have had nothing but preferred results (38 mpg @ 3300 ft elevation). The 1600 FI Nomad was truly a step up from my '98 1500Classic and I'm sure you'll find the dependability outstanding.
Hazy Davey
black/silver/chrome '05'Nad ---"Jezebel"
VROC ~v~2130

Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Bought a 2007 VN1600 Nomad Thursday... loving it.... 750 miles already.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 PM

Hey Sirlion.
I just purchased the Vulcan Nomad 2007 model.
I love this bike.
The differential fluid isn't an often change.
My dealer is a mechanic too not a car salesman type.
He took me in the shop and I worked along side him while
he changed the oil, filter and cleaned out the mesh strainer.
He showed me things on the bike I know I would not have learned
from the MOM or from any other dealer.
He told me all other fluids put on a two year change out including the
differential.
At 500-600 miles initial change, then 4000 for oil. See MOM for that stuff.

What are you riding? A nomad? What color?
What gas mileage are you getting?
Best,
Ken

Old 10-07-2007, 11:04 PM

James and Nomad1470,

Greetings! Yes, I'm a new ('06) Nomad owner and take delivery in less than 2 weeks! I decided on this bike over a couple of other contenders (Honda vtx1800 and Yamaha RoadStar Silverado Midnight) because I, too, felt it is the best value in its class. Plus, I just can't get past the fact that it LOOKS exactly like what I invision the cruiser of my dreams to look like: all black, hardbags and duals. Works for me!

Anyway, I've included V&H Baggers and the PCIII in my initial purchase (along with lightbar w/ visors and the luggage rack) and am having the dealership install all and map the PCIII. The dealership advised me AGAINST purchasing what I thought to be the obligatory aftermarket air intake right away, stating that I should try the upgrades with the stock intake unit first to see how the combination works. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the owner/dealership reccomend this as I was expecting them to say, "well, you have to increase the air intake... blah blah blah". But, he noted that the stock unit sucks in air pretty efficiently and suggested I wait. Which is fine by me even though I do have a Thunder Tornado unit from my trade-in Boulevard that all I would need is the adaptor for the Nomad for.

Where are you guys located? I sure would like to meet up with other Nomad riders and show off our stuff en masse. I live in Ventura County, CA, just north of Los Angeles County, along the coast. Great local rides and destinations in this area: Ojai,Lake Cachuma, The Rock Store in Malibu, Neptune's Net along Pacific Coast Highway, Cold Springs Tavern in the mountains above Santa Barbara.... etc.

Anyway, just wanted to chime-in with hopes of contacting other Nomad enthusiasts and talk shop!

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm new to this forum but I joined it because I have some questions and I was hoping someone out ther could help me out...I just recently bought a 99 kawasaki vulcan nomad 1500 and I love it, its big and beautiful a real step up from what i had been riding, anyway it runs great but there is a knocking noise when it idles, it doesn't do it when I'm riding just when I'm coming to a stop or when I let off the throttle, its kinda annoying but sometimes its bad sometimes its not is there anybody out there that can tell me what it is and how to fix it? I know they say its normal and its due to the clutch basket not being the right size but I just want it to go away and its gonna be weeks b4 my dealer can take a look at it and I want to get it fixed asap....any help would be greatly apprecciated...thnx...

Quick Reply: Any Nomad Riders Out There?