Any Nomad Riders Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:19 AM
Default Any Nomad Riders Out There?

I joined the KF a few days ago and just to let you know I'm new to this forum stuff so if I make any mistakes please forgive me. Anyway I posted a question on the new members area and so far no one has responded. I hope by asking again in this section (?) maybe one of you big twin riders might have a reply. Here's the question. "Has anyone any experience with the Kuryakyn Pro-Series Hypercharger? Does it really make that much of a difference to justify the cost?"
Anyone else riding the '05 Nomad? Hope to hear from you!

Thanks,
James

Old 04-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Any Nomad Riders Out There?

I would suggest you try searching the internet, you might find something.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:10 PM

The advice I received from a known builder of Harley Hi Per engines was not to use the air cleaner in question. This advice was based on poor results from the DYNO runs during the tuning phase. It may look nice but doesn't seem to do much. Of course I would due more research on the internet to gain a broader range of opinions. The best source is a builder/tuner familiar with the Vulcan Nomad. Try Valley Motorsports in Phoenic, AZ or Thunder MFG in same city and state (www.thundermfg.com). They have experience with Nomad since the first in 1999.

If I may offer this advice from years of experience and wasted money. In most cases the HP and Torque gained from High dollar add ons is minimal with rare exception. I have modified with add ons and dynoed most all of my machines and in only one case did I achieve at least a ten per cent gain in HP and Torque. Keep in mind the Nomad 1600 is not quite the same as the 1500. FI bikes can be quirky if U make the wrong add on choice. If u fool around with the intake and exhaust it also requires adjustment to the FI system. If U choose to modify along these lines U may want to condider Dynojet Commander or Techlusion FI systems. Be careful, as a too lean mixture can ruin an engine. Just adding a freer breathing intake is not going to make much difference in most cases.

Do some real research. It will save money and aggravation from disappointment.

Just traded all my Harleys for the 06 Nomad. Beautiful machine and best bang for the buck in its class. I owned the first Nomad in 99. Also a great machin.

Good luck and safe riding

Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 AM

I just read your response, thanks for the info. If I decide to go with a freer intake (still haven't decided what brand to go with) and exhaust system (either Cobra or Vance & Hines) I would indeed get a Power Commander module (?) for my bike. I would most likely have my local Kawasaki shop do the programming... that's if I felt I'd be getting into the deep end of the swimming pool. What I'm experiencing now is a lagging throttle response-or maybe I'm expecting too much?
On another note, I installed the Cobra light bar made specifically for the 1600D. It took about 45 minutes and it looks GREAT. I also installed a rear turn signal conversion kit that turns the rear turn signals into additional running/stop lights. As soon as I figure out how to post a photo or two of my bike for all to see I'll do it.
Once again, thank you for the info. you provided. I'll check out what the Thunder link has to say.

James
JSVND1@MSN.COM

Old 02-07-2006, 12:07 AM

James,
Where did you get the rear turn signal conversion kit? Does it replace the yellow lens with Red?

Jerry, Black 06 Nomad

Old 02-08-2006, 05:17 AM

Greetings Jecool2!

Good to hear from you. I ordered my conversion kit from my local kawasaki shop, you can check out the kit at The Electric Connection.com
The kit does not replace the stock yellow lens, what's cool about it is that the red LEDs that come with the kit fit inside the stock lens and the red LEDs are so intense, they show through the yellow lens. You don't notice them much during the day but when the sun goes down they are very noticable. Everyone who I ride with say they look very cool and make a big difference on my visibility from the back. Mission accomplished....

Ride safe
James

Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM

I just purchased a brand new 2007 Nomad. Anyone else have it? How do you like it? Break-in is a pain in the butt, but I guess it's worth it in the end. Not as powerful as I would have liked, but hey it's a cruiser.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 PM

I just brought my new 2007 Nomad 1600 home on Saturday 5/5/07. I like it. I traded in a Suzuki C50. The nomad has a lot more power.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM

I just traded by 2002 Drifter for a 2006 Nomad. I miss the Drifter's style but I love all the extras and now that I have had some time to get used to the extra weight, I love the Nomad. In an ideal world, I would have had enough money to keep the Drifter and buy the Nomad too but I aint complaining.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Break it in like you're going to drive it every day. Don't lug it, or run it to redline, but I wouldn't reccomend following Kawasaki's advice on breakin.

Quick Reply: Any Nomad Riders Out There?