Sunday ride 2nd attempt (dialup warning lots of pix)

Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Sunday ride 2nd attempt (dialup warning lots of pix)

Well I'll try again, I did this on tuesday took me 2 hours and when I clicked ok I got an error message and it was all gone .... not happy [:@]
Went for a ride on Sunday from Coffs Harbour to Dorrigo

Name:  TEMPetjl1i45ysyfmrmmdi5vqae55012.png
Views: 53
Size:  17.4 KB

I had been wanting to go to the Skywalk at Dorrigo for a few years and had never made the time. I set off around 9am and had all day so I took my time and explored a bit on the way. I headed out through Karangi and Coramba, turning off the road towards Ulong where I came across this welcome

Name:  welcome.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  137.1 KB
Name:  sign.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  88.2 KB

See the twisty road in the pic above under "you are here" well it really is like that. I took this pic to show what the road was like I was using all the rubber not just the center

Name:  back.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  67.3 KB

Went past the Ulong turnoff and just out of town I zoomed in on the gravel road sign, I love my 10x zoom digicam

Name:  gravelroad.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  82.0 KB

Took it real slow on the gravel as it is a narrow windy road and had some traffic (4 cars and 1 bike) on the 21km section + I didn't know the road. Part way I found this Tallowood tree, the first branch is 92 feet above the ground and the top of the tree is 185 ft.

Name:  gianttree.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  175.2 KB

Moving along further up the road I came across a turn off to a TV transmitter set on a hilltop. I had seen it in the distance and thought hmmm that would be a good view so off I went. Crusing along came round a corner and found one of these happy chappies sunning itself on the road

I stopped just past it and got off to take a pic but he moved off into the scrub so I kept on upwards and onwards. Getting to the top I found this view

Unfortunately it was very hazy and not a great day for photos. Looking in the direction of a loud humming was these

Name:  towers.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  mountaintop.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  107.0 KB

Heading back down the hill I kept an eye out for my little friend and sure enough he was on the road again but took off quickly as I approached. Continued along the road to Dangar Falls

Name:  dangarfalls2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  111.3 KB

I had seen pictures of the falls before but never been there. There is a nice family picnic area with facilities. Headed into Dorrigo for lunch at the historic Dorrigo Hotel

Name:  dorrigopub.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  68.0 KB

Had pie, peas, mash and gravy, for desert I had raspberry cheesecake, icecream and cream yummie. After stuffing myself I went for a walk up and down the main street, took all of about 10 mins there was a lot of bikes in town to look at. Jumped back on the bike and headed for the Skywalk.

Name:  skywalk.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  110.9 KB

The view from the treetops is excellent but again the haze interfered with clear pix

Name:  view.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  64.9 KB

There were lots of people there enjoying the views including the rider(s) of this

Name:  trike.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  131.4 KB

Walking around the Dorrigo National Park (thats where the Skywalk is) I came across this tree which I found interesting

Name:  tree.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  137.1 KB

After spending a couple of hours looking around the park I left for Bellingen and getting sore from the plank Kawasaki laughingly call a seat decided North Bank Road was twisty enough to take my mind off a numb bum. Once I was back on the highway I headed for home via my sisters place. A very pleasant day out on my versatile mean green machine

Last edited by MaverickAus; 05-21-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Default RE: Sunday ride 2nd attempt (dialup warning lots of pix)

Awesome!! I love ride reports!! Thats some great looking scenery.

I cant wait to start posting my own. Keep 'em comin'

Old 10-05-2006, 06:23 AM

Nice little (yeah, little) country you got there for riding Garry.

Keep the ride report a-comin

Old 10-05-2006, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Way to go Mav. totally fantastic, Dangar Falls ,Wow.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Good work Mav.
It is a great part of the world.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow great ride, pics, and descriptions! Cool snake - looks kind've like the black rat snakes we have here, use to have one as a pet as a youngster until it escaped the pillow case in the car and wrapped itself around my mom's foot and the gas pedal. Not a good day for poor Crickter

Old 10-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the pics mav, I mean we all have seen pictures and shows about places around the globe, but when its sent from a person we know, well then it adds a whole new dimension, I wish I could load my bike on a tanker and come and ride there, that would be an adventure for sure.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the comments guys (& gal )
How about some pix and report from WA Neil?
Brian the snake is a red belly black snake and they are pretty poisonous, like most snakes it will move away from danger, of course I wasn't getting too near it [8D]
Deej you would be welcome anytime there is hundreds of trails and tracks out here, and we could let you use a little water to clean your bike after we ride Oh yeah I even have a spare bed

Cheers

Old 10-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

some good stuff there... awsome pics.. looks like one hell of a view from that tv antenna or what ever it was...

Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks EMS, the view would be fantastic on a clear day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunday ride 2nd attempt (dialup warning lots of pix)