klx 250s 2006 Loud Clicking sound not valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation klx 250s 2006 Loud Clicking sound not valve

well unfortunbally this is my first post and its bad news. I recently had my valve clearance checked and it was in spec. So if any one has had this problem or any ideas on fixing it let me know. I been told it must be the crank and well their about a 1500$ part list it has 3000 miles on it and only 300 i put .The noise sounds liek its coming from the top end to middle in you hear a loud a distance clicking noise over the engine. It it wont keep idle very long and sometimes gives a lost of power wjhen u pull throtle not very much. Soon i will post a link to a video displaying hansk and i appericate any help on the problem.

UPDATE

Link to SOUND Of BIKE HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nJuHs3rvh8

Last edited by TweakInSleep; 09-17-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I cant really tell from the vidoe but mine was making a slight ticking sound a day after I bought it (2006)

Come to find out the header bolts where a little loose (was exhaust leak)

Go out there right now and try to tighten them up to see.

Hope its that simple

Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default will check thanks

the bolts where lose but not that lose. The sound seems to becoming more on the opposite siderather then by the exhaust acually thenplace i punch on the video sounds like the core of it sound.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

I don't know guys...maybe it's all the recent obsession with the cam chain tensioner, but I swear that's what a loose cam chain sounds like to me. I'm sure I can hear that familar clack-clack-clack-clack almost piston slapping sound in synch with rpm.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default thank you very much :)

dude that description of the crunchign of the piston was rigth on turned bike on losten bolts what u know sound went away period. thank you once again i had bs mechice tryign to get over 1500$ dude u rock

Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TweakInSleep
dude that description of the crunchign of the piston was rigth on turned bike on losten bolts what u know sound went away period. thank you once again i had bs mechice tryign to get over 1500$ dude u rock
So you found the problem. What was it exactly? And from the sounds of your video, it couldn't be the cam chain.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yep sounds like the cam chain adjuster, and to give it a try is free and easy, so you got nothing to lose.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wait so it was the exhaust bolts?

Old 09-17-2010, 01:49 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LearjetMinako
So you found the problem. What was it exactly? And from the sounds of your video, it couldn't be the cam chain.
Lear, I can go out right now to my KLX with a manual tensioner installed, back out the adjuster, and that clack-clack-clack-clack is exactly what you hear. I know you've messed with the tensioner as much as anyone else here, but I heard that familiar racket in that video. It's a little hard to understand Tweak's description, but it sounds like he used your method of backing off the tensioner bolts and then retightening...and then is sounds like he said the noise went away...but it's a little hard to be sure.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats the noise that haunted me for months.... also the noise that cause my bike to be in the shop for months... and why my motor pretty much got rebuilt.

They are movies click them.

Quick Reply: klx 250s 2006 Loud Clicking sound not valve